1. This quote just showed up at the bottom and it's hilarious

"I couldn't give a rat's ass. I really couldn't."
    -Larry on the Songs of Innocence release backlash
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:This quote just showed up at the bottom and it's hilarious

That is brilliant and the best comment I’ve seen yet about the backlash it received. We can rely on Larry to say what we’re all thinking.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:This quote just showed up at the bottom and it's hilarious

4. Also a quote from the bottom:

"I don't understand, was there a problem with the release of the record? I didn't notice." - Larry on the release of Songs of Innocence
  5. It feels like 2 years ago for me, but it's already 7 years today since SOI was dropped via itunes. Time flies...

I got only 6 songs by the way, but was soon able to download the other songs via...uhm...some download site 😜 And off course bought the album when it became available in record stores
  6. SOI is still in my U2 album top 3.
  7. Happy birthday, best U2 album of the Millennium!

I still remember exactly where I was when I got the notification. I had just come back home from a bombed orchestra audition and was dejectedly talking to my parents about it. All of a sudden, I didn't care about the audition -- there was a new U2 album!!

Bono's songwriting on this album is unmatched by any of their work since the 90's. Cedarwood Road, Iris, and Every Breaking Wave are all time great U2 songs.
  8. Happy Birthday SOI!
  9. One of the best, they’ll do well to ever top this in the future.
  10. On release it was their best album since Zooropa (and many will argue since Achtung Baby). I put this more down to the poor quality of output since the early 90’s until SOI but some credit must go to SOI being quite good.
  11. You won't find me bashing SOI often and I'm always defending it against its poorer brother SOE, but SOI better than Pop? Really?