1. hi
    where i can find the original version of album who was free on all iPhone.
    i saw it was a different mix of the cd .
    thanks
  2. SOI is far superior IMO it's more focused and the songs connect and Rock better than SOE which is very unbalanced due to them using 9 producer's desperately trying to get a hit single there is 4,5 songs on SOE that are good but SOI has at least 8.
  3. Any time I think, “hmm, maybe SOI isn’t quite as good as I remember” I put it on and an completely taken away by how much I love this record. Every song means so much... there’s so much polish on this record, it sparkles, surges through emotions... God I love it.

Why California wasn’t a single is totally beyond me.
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Any time I think, “hmm, maybe SOI isn’t quite as good as I remember” I put it on and an completely taken away by how much I love this record. Every song means so much... there’s so much polish on this record, it sparkles, surges through emotions... God I love it.

I’ve not had that thought for a long time but I did used to. In fact even after enjoying it for quite some time initially I would often question is it really up there in the way I see it now but time has told me that yes it is. It’s a great album, not just great in general but even great for u2 standards and yeah I also was surprised that California didn’t become not only a single but a big single. I guess with that latter part I maybe am a bit out of touch with modern music, California probably wouldn’t have been any more successful than the singles they did release from the album. Anyway SOI has cemented itself as my 3rd favourite album behind AB and TJT.
  5. the problem of SOI is open the album with The Miracle, the rest is a very good album
  6. U2 seem to be on a trend of picking the worst song(s) from their albums to be the lead single.
    3 albums in a row at this point!
  7. i think it's cool Vertigo opening HTDAAB, but always someone will think that some song will open better a album. it's normal. but, the miracle i think that gave a wrong impression to the album to a common listener IMO. it's like YTBTAM opening SOE (i'm glad that this didn't happen).
  8. Originally posted by hedyzera:[..]
    i think it's cool Vertigo opening HTDAAB, but always someone will think that some song will open better a album. it's normal. but, the miracle i think that gave a wrong impression to the album to a common listener IMO. it's like YTBTAM opening SOE (i'm glad that this didn't happen).
    Vertigo is a fine lead single!
    I was referring to Boots, Miracle, and Best Thing. All of them are pretty different from (and worse than) the rest of the songs on the album.
  9. Absolutely 100% disagree. Especially when it comes to Best Thing!
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Any time I think, “hmm, maybe SOI isn’t quite as good as I remember” I put it on and an completely taken away by how much I love this record. Every song means so much... there’s so much polish on this record, it sparkles, surges through emotions... God I love it.

California is one of the best songs on the album why it wasn't played much live is bizzare, The performance of it on Jools Holland and Dreamforce was amazing Edges guitar effects were spine chilling,It should have opened the I&E tour every night instead of The Miracle which I never liked .
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    California is one of the best songs on the album why it wasn't played much live is bizzare, The performance of it on Jools Holland and Dreamforce was amazing Edges guitar effects were spine chilling,It should have opened the I&E tour every night instead of The Miracle which I never liked .
    I thought The Miracle was a great way to open the shows, but I’d never thought about California opening, with that long intro... that would have been quite spectacular.
  12. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I thought The Miracle was a great way to open the shows, but I’d never thought about California opening, with that long intro... that would have been quite spectacular.
    Agree, the opening was quite cool with B man on the e stage.
    I can hear the California intro.......... sounds nice !!!!