1. I was expecting this one to musically be a really moving/touching/emotional piece along the lines of SYCMIOYO but for me the music really doesn't seem to fit the subject matter...
  2. Originally posted by ric:I was expecting this one to musically be a really moving/touching/emotional piece along the lines of SYCMIOYO but for me the music really doesn't seem to fit the subject matter...

Absolutely. But I like that contrast
  3. I like the verse, the chorus - mmm... but a good song overall. Sounds a lot like Depeche Mode, especially the beginning
  4. Am i crazy to think that's Chris Martin in those falsetto parts near the end of the song?

5. Thinking that the Wanker might be featured on the song written for Bono's mum is a bit crazy, yup.

6. Touche.

But it does sound like him and he was with them in the studio in New York at that one point.
  7. The "Hold me close, hold me close and don't let me go" reminds me a bit of some lyrics in Drowning Man too
  8. Lots of past references to be found in this song indeed.
  9. Maybe there's a hope for Tomorrow to come back to the set after all Just kidding no, not actually... Just dreaming

Iris standing in the hall
    She tells me I can do it all
    Iris wakes to my nightmares
    Don't fear the world it isn't there

10. I think this might be my favourite on the new record.

It's just... it's beautiful.

The ooh ooh ooh ooh Iris reminds me of Ultra Violet and some guitar parts echo Where the Streets Have No Name and it's all just so great and oh my God I still can't believe that we got 11 new, excellent excellent excellent U2 songs today just aaaaaaah
  11. Love the "hold me close and don't let me go" part. Not as emotional as I thought it would be but you can still feel it.
  12. Second masterpiece of the album (following track order). As I mentioned in an earlier post, I really like the vocal harmonies in the mid section of the track. It brings the vocals and therefore the lyrics to the forefront of your attention, which I think is appropriate considering that this song is about Bono's mother, Iris. The track is incredibly uplifting and energetic, which is in contrast to SYCMIOYO, the song dedicated to Bono's father. Personally, I'm really glad Bono completed the set of songs dedicated to his parents with this. I'm sure you can look at the two songs and maybe get a look into how Bono see's his parents, but that's a topic for some other time.

10/10