1. Loving this song and the lyrics are amazing.

2. Really does sound similar to him

Lovely song, and so emotional, the last couple of verses especially.
  3. I love the ending of this song. Just imaging the song in concert and Bono starts to sing:

"Mother, am I still your son?
    You know I've waited for so long
    To hear you say so.

Mother, you left and made me someone.
    Now I'm still a child, but no one tells me no."

Maybe?
  4. Originally posted by AMLBONO:I love the ending of this song. Just imaging the song in concert and Bono starts to sing:

"Mother, am I still your son?
    You know I've waited for so long
    To hear you say so.

Mother, you left and made me someone.
    Now I'm still a child, but no one tells me no."

Maybe?

Yes please! Then after Mofo City Of Blinding Lights and Invisible.
  5. Intro/beginning looks like go your own way-fleetwood mac.
    Also wanna hear it live.
  6. I know this may be too much but... how about a Tomorrow/Iris/Mofo combo live, with a perfect segue between songs? I can die in peace after that.
  7. This is a fantastic song. A band writing such outstanding and significantly emotional songs after over 35 years, I think there is a specific field of talent for this. I was really astonished to find out how beautiful this song is, one of their all time best.
  8. "Hold me close like I'm someone that you might know" breaks my heart for some reason.
  9. Been singing the "something in your eyes, took a thousand years to get here" all day.

Anyone else think this could be referring to the saying of the stars/universe being in a persons eyes.

And because of the speed of light, the stars we see in sky tonight are actually from thousands of years ago. So the star we see "took a thousand years to get here"
  10. That's a very interesting thought. It makes sense, given the first lines when he's saying that she's a star that gives him light and she's been gone for a while.
  11. The "Something in your eyes" part sounds like Bastille. Or is it just me?
  12. I didn't like this one very much at first but it is slowly growing. There are some beautiful parts in it.