1. How it could be live...

2. It's amazing that bands like this are doing this lol.
  3. Bono has re-written Iris according to the latest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine

Bono's re-writing of the lyrics of "Iris" after reading the letter slain journalist James Foley left for his family.

Wonder if we'll ever see/hear this new version.

For those who don't know who James Foley is

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Foley_(journalist)
  4. That is very very good for a cover band.
  5. It is. They're coming to Spain on December, I'm not missing them, they're playing a 150 minutes set including Zoo TV, Popmart and new songs.
  6. This came up in the Crystal Ballroom topic in comparing that song with Iris, but anybody else feel like Iris is Ultraviolet 2.0, musically at least? Same kind of haunting introduction, upbeat tempo, similar guitar by Edge in spots, two different "choruses" (the "hold me close" and "Iris" parts vs. the "baby, baby light my way" and "ultraviolet"), a dramatic bridge and outro...

I am maybe just overthinking it, but to me they share similar sounds and structure...probably why I love Iris so much?
  7. I've never really thought about it to be honest, and maybe that's an indication that I never made the connection. To me Iris is much more of a modern pop song whereas Ultraviolet is its own kind of melancholy dance-ballad thing.
  8. That being said, I love it as well! Favourite song on the album.

I think the "Something in your eyes, took a thousand years to get here, something in your eyes, took a thousand years, a thousand years.." part is freakin' awesome.
  9. Holy fuck, watching videos of that cover band right now and their Electric Co with a Raised By Wolves snippet is unreal.
  10. Video ? I've seen one with Exit and Raised By Wolves

I must say, the guy can sing.