1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Whoah, easy there. I love SOI as much as the next man, but there are albums by Radiohead, Bjork, Arcade Fire, even Jay Z and Kanye West (and I hate the last 2) that are modern classics, more influential, with better reception and with more sales than SOI.
    Unless of course you only refer to your personal taste and in that case there's nothing to argue.
    Maybe it is personal taste and I’m certainly not taking into account the wider reception but the more I listen to it the more I think it’s an absolute classic and an album that can’t be touched by any other band. I like a variety of music and a variety of bands and albums but I can’t think of an album that comes close to SOI except from Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree.
  2. I'd agree with you talking exclusively about U2, and put it as the best since AB.

But then for me at least there's Ok Computer and Origin of Symmetry that comes to my mind. But then I'm not even sure I want to compare albums from different artists... When I'm in U2 mode, I rate any U2 album higher than anything else (same when I'm in a Pink Floyd mode, or James mode...), so maybe I could actually agree with you occasionally
  3. I appreciate the feedback from both bloodraven and Cesar and I do accept that in debate I’d probably eventually have to go to the ‘but I love the album ‘ mode but I really do. There’s nobody that can tell me a non u2 album is better than SOI , but then that’s actually not a big statement for me. What is a bigger statement is SOI is better than zooropa,
    Pop and ATYCLB. There’s songs on they albums that maybe beat the best of SOI but consistency wise SOI beats them all.
  4. I absolutely love the way they played it live after the promo stuff, during the tour :

Though something is surprising me with this recording (it's mixed from IEM) you can hear someone say apparently "oh, shut up" at 0:10, it appears to be The Edge ? Who would he be talking to using his mic, would it be disconnected from the concert's PA up until the point he needs to sing ?
  5. Originally posted by Sev00:I absolutely love the way they played it live after the promo stuff, during the tour : [YouTube Video]

Though something is surprising me with this recording (it's mixed from IEM) you can hear someone say apparently "oh, shut up" at 0:10, it appears to be The Edge ? Who would he be talking to using his mic, would it be disconnected from the concert's PA up until the point he needs to sing ?
    He talks to Dallas and maybe Joe O'Herlihy through his mic when it's disconnected from the PA. Some other techs communicate via microphone too (it's normal in such big stages where the crew and band are separated but still need to communicate). There have been funny moments when somebody has talked through a mic and it was not disconnected from the PA, then strange words or sounds have come up on the PA during songs
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He talks to Dallas and maybe Joe O'Herlihy through his mic when it's disconnected from the PA. Some other techs communicate via microphone too (it's normal in such big stages where the crew and band are separated but still need to communicate). There have been funny moments when somebody has talked through a mic and it was not disconnected from the PA, then strange words or sounds have come up on the PA during songs
    Similar to One Tree Hill, Chicago 2011. When edge was having a difficult time finding the right notes to play, then when he figures it out he goes “oh for fucks sake.” Lol
  7. Originally posted by Release3:[..]
    Similar to One Tree Hill, Chicago 2011. When edge was having a difficult time finding the right notes to play, then when he figures it out he goes “oh for fucks sake.” Lol
    Hahaha yeah, that was one of the instances I was thinking of.
  8. This song is one of the first instances of a very nice instrumental ruined by Bono's mediocre vocals, specially at the beggining of the tune.
  9. I don't like when he sings over NYD solo for example.
  10. All Because of You would like to have a word with you.
  11. 2018 ABOY? Certainly not Hanover Quay 2004....
  12. Really? Apart from the terrible "aa-aa-aaaall" in the second sentence of the chorus I've never found any flaws in that melody or vocal take.