1. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    Definitely. It was one of my least favourite tracks on the album. Sounded very busy, artificial and removed. Its live performances have earned it "most improved" and even "best off the new album" awards from me.
    Yep, when the album was released it was what I skipped (along with Iris for a while) but it's possibly my favorite live SOI song now
  2. The studio version always sounded to me like a fun silly tune (if you don't pay attention to the lyrics, obviously), and I didn't liked that, at least the beginning of the track; after the first "I don't believe anymore" it starts improving and yeah, by the first raiiiiised by wooooolves it's already a good song to me.

But live, is the best song of the album for me, even better than Cedarwood Road, my favourite on the studio. Obviously the whole SBS setup, the six o'clock news and the explosions have something to do with it as well.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:The studio version always sounded to me like a fun silly tune (if you don't pay attention to the lyrics, obviously), and I didn't liked that, at least the beginning of the track; after the first "I don't believe anymore" it starts improving and yeah, by the first raiiiiised by wooooolves it's already a good song to me.

But live, is the best song of the album for me, even better than Cedarwood Road, my favourite on the studio. Obviously the whole SBS setup, the six o'clock news and the explosions have something to do with it as well.
    Exactly Mate! I felt the same way with Miami & Please in Pop and live they were monster tracks (positively).
  4. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:The studio version seems too overproduced IMO. It's supposed to be raw but Bono just sounds odd on the album version. Especially in the "RAISED BY WOLVES" bit.

Raised By Wolves live is epic though.

+1
  5. Been meaning to post this for a while. Back in October a guy released a mash-up album of Kanye West and Weezer called Yeezer. I loved it and asked him if it were possible to mash-up Kanye's "Black Skinhead" and "Raised By Wolves" because it was something I thought about as soon as SOI was released.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g2j1bbmb98ue077/Raised+by+Skinheads.mp3
  6. The song never sounded more charming
  7. So cute!!!!
  8. Ha Ha Sh Sh
  9. Raised..
    NOOOOO
    Oh oh
  10. #markercharge