1. ...sung by random people chosen from the audience, or by a copy of Bono from 2004!
  2. Actually, we need Vertigo as sung by all of Bono's ZooTV alter egos.

MacPhisto Vertigo
  3. Yeah like Bono can still sing like during ZooTV...
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I love the lyrics on this song and the groove of it. "We've come to colonize your night, and steal your poetry". Bono's lyric writing is back on this album.

That is one of the most beautiful lines of the album. Does anyone have insiights on what this song is about?
  5. From the RS interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/bono-u2-state-of-the-world-what-he-learned-from-almost-dying-w514442

"Landlady" is an extraordinarily pretty love song about you and Ali and thanking her for so much.
    Getting home – that is the big key for me. I can't believe it because I grew up sleeping on people's couches, sleeping on their floor, running away to the circus and joining a rock & roll band. It has taken me a long time to figure out where home is. I left home probably the week my mother died [when Bono was 14]. I mean, I stayed there on [childhood home] 10 Cedarwood Road for the next few years, but I wasn't really there. On Songs of Innocence, "This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now" explains the realization that I had, while sitting there, moved address. I was with the band. The band was where I live. They were another family.

I still love this song. I really do hope they give it a chance in the upcoming tour (highly unlikely, I know, but one can only hope). Brilliant brilliant song.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:From the RS interview: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/bono-u2-state-of-the-world-what-he-learned-from-almost-dying-w514442

"Landlady" is an extraordinarily pretty love song about you and Ali and thanking her for so much.
    Getting home – that is the big key for me. I can't believe it because I grew up sleeping on people's couches, sleeping on their floor, running away to the circus and joining a rock & roll band. It has taken me a long time to figure out where home is. I left home probably the week my mother died [when Bono was 14]. I mean, I stayed there on [childhood home] 10 Cedarwood Road for the next few years, but I wasn't really there. On Songs of Innocence, "This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now" explains the realization that I had, while sitting there, moved address. I was with the band. The band was where I live. They were another family.

I still love this song. I really do hope they give it a chance in the upcoming tour (highly unlikely, I know, but one can only hope). Brilliant brilliant song.
    +1

But I think this will fall in the realms with Acrobat live performances.
  7. I always thought this one sounded great followed by Crystal Ballroom.
  8. My idea would be:

Encore:
    This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (as McPhisto, the return of McPhisto)
    Then Lemon.

Other idea:

White as snow (Bono&Edge on B-Stage) To Streets (Melody turns into streets) (Bono&Edge walk together to Stage)
  9. Saw a comment on youtube saying this song is the sound of October with the experimentation of Pop. Insane how true this rings when listening to the song. I just love how weird it is, I used to think it was a rather filler song... But now I really wished they'd have played it somehow.

My only complaint with the song is the instrumental chorus re-do after the "this is the time" outro.
  10. The “Halloween noise” keyboard kills the song. Outside of that it’s awesome.
  11. One of my friends said the same. I disagree, I think it lightens up the sound.