1. Beautiful. Recording or not, this song is so powerful
  2. It should be played in every show at least just to hear that Edge extended solo at the end of it. They owe it to us for not including it in the studio version.

---

BTW, some people mentioned that the Likke Ly part was different from V1 to LA5, is that true? (I suck at noticing these differences).
    Because if it is true then hopefully that'll mean that they'll try it a bit more, although dropping it in Denver is not encouraging.
  3. Lykke Li's part in LA5 was definitely not the album version. I think she recorded her new parts when she was at LA.
  4. Yeah I noticed it too
  5. It was definitely not the album version, but after listening to the album version several times I could hear faint aspects of it, so it is possible that they altered the sound mixing for the recording. Actually, I know they altered the mixing because in the album Lykke's voice appears as just a background vocal while during the show it sounds more like a duet.
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:It was definitely not the album version, but after listening to the album version several times I could hear faint aspects of it, so it is possible that they altered the sound mixing for the recording. Actually, I know they altered the mixing because in the album Lykke's voice appears as just a background vocal while during the show it sounds more like a duet.
    That's good anyway... my point is that if they dropped it from the set list because they didn't felt comfortable with the version they had in Vancouver, there's a chance that they like this new mix enough so that they get it back into the rotation.
  7. I think they are still trying to figure out how to make it fit in the set as opposed to how it sounds. Personally, I think the Beautiful Day --> The Troubles transition is really jarring and is probably what throws the band off.
  8. Yes, they haven't figured out a good setlist spot for The Troubles, and Bono said they're working on it.

I'm afraid they will give up on it instead of just playing it wherefuckever
  9. I'm afraid they'll find its place in the setlist as the PA song at the end.
  10. I think it could work as main set closer after ( or instead of, but it would never happen) WOWY.
    Or as show closer it could work too
  11. The Troubles is a very interesting song because of how flexible it can be in a set. It sounds like a closer, but it can clearly go somewhere else.

But given the current show format, I don't ever see The Troubles as a closer. It's too heavy of a song for them to close with and it also doesn't have a very well defined closing section. Compare that to songs like One, WOWY, 40, even Still Haven't Found, The Troubles doesn't have as strong of an ending.

I really think the best spot is where they've put it before, a lead-in to WOWY. I used to think of it as a transition from Beautiful Day to WOWY, but I'm starting to think that Beautiful Day is the song out of place here.
  12. If they replaced BD with Kite, it would fit perfectly with The Troubles.