1. Originally posted by LikeASong:It shouldn't have ended with that fade out. Only negative point. Otherwise, brilliant closer and brilliant lyrics and brilliant music and everything else.

The only song that hasn't changed my opinion on 2nd listen
  2. Have your opinions changed favorably, or adversely, Sergio?

3. Mixed! Posted all of them at the dedicate threads a few mins ago on 2nd listen. And I'm writing a full review on the album thread. Exciting times
  4. OK. this may be the first day craziness acting on me, but I'll say it: this is going to be another U2 classic.

5. The album or The Troubles? Or both
  6. LOL, I was referring specifically to The Troubles, and the album is amazing too.
  7. Not about what I thought it was going to be! Sounds interesting but I need to listen again.
  8. Better than the Wanderer, Wake Up Dead Man, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, Yahweh and miles, miles better than Cedars.

Definitely the best closer since LIB
  9. I'm generally not a fan of fade-outs because it just doesn't feel like there's any closure, but that's a small complaint about an otherwise outstanding closer. I'm a big fan of the strings in the track. It adds a bit more weight to the song, as if the lyrics aren't powerful enough as it is. I think we're all in agreement that this will be the song to close out their shows in the upcoming tour, so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

9/10
  10. I hope Lykke Li is going to be a support on next tour and folows guys on stage for show closing song. It is just great. A little reminds me of Nick Cave's O Children.
  11. Originally posted by Alvin:I hope Lykke Li is going to be a support on next tour and folows guys on stage for show closing song. It is just great. A little reminds me of Nick Cave's O Children.

Probably a video thing a la Lou Reed on Zoo TV.