1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

A little but Edge teased in a similar way with not developing the WOWY riff at the end of the song. It's either that the song didn't get enough time or he wants to give the song an extra dimension in the live arena.

Likely so, but why not on the album? He should do that more often.
  2. It's not just the end of the song, it's also the end of the album. That's perhaps why it leaves you feeling a little disappointed. At track four, followed by a song with a solid opening, you may not notice it as much.
  3. Could be a Song for a remake from the Movie "The Beach".
  4. Yeah the solo needed to be way longer.
    The song ends so abruptly now it feels.
  5. A grower.
    Feels like Moment of Surrender, unless that this one actually goes somewhere. I think I'm gonna like this after some more listens.
  6. I really like it- it is somehow both in and out of that U2 feeling and that is good, makes it stronger.
  7. and this song comes close to the atmosphere of Stateless, although this is even a better song
  8. http://www.spin.com/articles/lykke-li-u2-collaboration-the-troubles/

By now you've almost certainly heard about the out-of-the-blue release of U2's new album, Songs of Innocence, (...) The 11-song LP closes with the wrencing track, "The Troubles," and features the vocal talents of Lykke Li, who represents the only guest star on the album (unless you count producer Danger Mouse, who's influence is always palpable).

In an interview with Rolling Stone, the 28-year-old Swedish singer revealed that she was "lying upside down" at her chiropractor's office when she found out about the album's Apple-sponsored release. It certainly came as a surprise, just like when Danger Mouse invited her to be on the album. "He texted me, 'Hey, do you want to sing on a U2 track?'" she says. "And I'm like, 'Yeah, I don't know. Sure.' It was a random question to ask."

Aside from getting instructions from Bono on how to sing in tune, Li was privy to the iconic frontman's tales as a rock'n'roll lifer, including one involving Jack Nicholson and Nina Simone that she won't share. "Super interesting. It was really fun. He cracked a lot of jokes and referred to me as a 'little voodoo child.' I really had a blast."

For her part, Li seems relatively unfazed by the collaboration, saying of U2, "I guess they're kind of like one of the biggest bands in the world." Really, she should be overjoyed that Bono gave her such high praise. "He said I blew everyone out of the water," she recalled. "I like that."

Lykke Li's third album, I Never Learn, is out now via Atlantic, while U2's Songs of Innocence will come out physically on October 13
  9. Looks like the perfect closer for the next tour.
  10. Does no one else think that the fade out might be due to it not being full length on the digital, free release and the outro being extended on the physical? Or because the song will fade into the next one on the proper album..? The theme and lyrics of The Troubles seems to fit reasonably with what could be the idea of Lucifer's Hands to me
  11. Kinda doubt it. Feels like a good closer and there's nothing wrong with a song fading out.