1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I actually agree (sorry Sergio). It's probably one of their best ballads, and it seems to be one of their more popular recent songs.

Some of Bono's finest lyrics of late (particularly in the verses).
    "And I'm a looo-oong way from your hill of Calvary
    And I'm a long way from where I was and where I need to be"

Some of my favorite lyrics he's written in 20 years.
  2. I'm definitely in the LOVE the song side of the debate... i remember when the album first dropped this song probably hit me the hardest. I love the second verse musically with Larry's drumming and Edge's backing vocals.

My main gripe with the song is how it's been mixed... during Edge's solo the inconsistent snare drum drives me a bit mental
  3. not as drastic as you, probably hehe, but i think the best part of the song is watching Eli acting

4. Every 6-12 months I rediscover this song and it reminds me just how great it is, and why I got into this band.
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

Every 6-12 months I rediscover this song and it reminds me just how great it is, and why I got into this band.
    Yes! I love this song! I think the end and the lyrics are so good.
  6. Tried a quick mashup with the backing of Ghosts Again by Depeche Mode. Not too great yet but maybe U2 could consider going electro

7. I never loved this song, but I have really enjoyed the Songs of Surrender version quite a bit. The new arrangement suits it well.
  8. That has potential, kind of reminds me of a AB b-side. I appreciate these videos you're putting up
  9. It's a very rough (first) mix, but they could work together I think
  10. Need to work on it (a lot) more, it's kinda messy right now But I love the idea of a U2/Depeche Mode duet