1. Yes, deanallison, especially if they stay true to the setlists they did on original JT tour... but I partly agree with RattleandHum1988 too. But, I definitely would relish 2 tours in a year.
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Yes, deanallison, especially if they stay true to the setlists they did on original JT tour... but I partly agree with RattleandHum1988 too. But, I definitely would relish 2 tours in a year.
    Yeah it is really important I agree to have JT tour like setlists. And I also would love the 2 tours this year. Could make it a big year for the band if they did.
  3. We don't know what they're planning to do, in a few hours we'll know, but still we won't know the reasons behind their plans, or what do they expect to happen or to achieve by doing that. And even then, neither we nor they, nobody knows what would actually happen, because audiences and perception in this time and age are unpredictable, and destiny -in Ben's words- is a fickle bitch.

Maybe a Joshua Tree Tour is exactly what they need to make new audiences receptive to SOE. I could see many people who would dismiss right now a new U2 album that could become interested if there's a tour on U2's "coolest" album.
    In that case, the way to move forward is taking a couple of steps back.
  4. Nostalgia.... love a bit of it, and am ready to embrace a (potential) JT2 Tour.....this could be special
  5. Hearing One Tree Hill will be totally worth it.
  6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I sort of find it funny that people are talking about relevancy when there is so much bitching about the band's ideas on it and what it means to them.

I think everyone has a different definition of what "relevancy" actually means for the band, including the band itself. It's hilarious when people talk about U2's strive for relevancy as if it's a bad thing. If U2 didn't strive to be relevant we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Regarding U2's Joshua Tree Tour, it does seem like it's a case of contractual obligation as opposed to a quest for relevancy... Regardless, U2 isn't in the business of half-assing things when it comes to their live performances, so I think we'll be in for some good shows even if it means a delay to SOE.
  7. I just hope they make One Tree Hill a staple in the setlist. Would shut a lot of peope complaining up. Including me!
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    "we can also really get a chance to think about these songs and make sure they're really what we want to put out."

(U2 speak for back to the drawing board.)
    ...internally the 'JT2017' tour is revered to as the 'Decoy' tour...