1. Two things stood out to me from that Rolling Stone interview regarding SOE:

1. I like that the band want to have 12 tracks on the album. Might be trivial, but two of U2's best albums (Achtung and Pop) each had 12 tracks.

2. More interestingly, it sounds like the plan for the resumed tour after SOE comes out will be to title it the "Experience and Innocence" Tour, inverting things in a way to focus more on the Experience side of things?
  2. As I've said before, the album is done and the band is yanking our chain all for marketing.
  3. I have a theory that they've been holding SoE back because they're trying to secure some sort of deal for its release and delivery method, which could be dependent on tech that's not quite ready yet.

Just a theory.
  4. Originally posted by Caledonia:I have a theory that they've been holding SoE back because they're trying to secure some sort of deal for its release and delivery method, which could be dependent on tech that's not quite ready yet.

Just a theory.
    That could be right. Apple has WWDC next week and reports suggest (even from Jimmy Iovine) that Apple Music is gonna be reworked with more focus on video. But who knows.
    It is also true, that back in 2014, Bono talked about some kind new music format (that will be television-ready), that they are working on with Apple.
  5. Originally posted by bpt3:Two things stood out to me from that Rolling Stone interview regarding SOE:

1. I like that the band want to have 12 tracks on the album. Might be trivial, but two of U2's best albums (Achtung and Pop) each had 12 tracks.

2. More interestingly, it sounds like the plan for the resumed tour after SOE comes out will be to title it the "Experience and Innocence" Tour, inverting things in a way to focus more on the Experience side of things?
    This type of thinking used to be "relevant." But not anymore. Albums are things for old people, or young people who are old school. I happen to love getting as much as I can. The days of 35 minutes albums gave the best chance of making a classic album. They should simply Make just one version of the album. Disc one can be the 12 songs and the other 5 songs. Call them bonus tracks or whatever. We can pretend the first 12 songs are all that is there if we don't like the other five. We all know that the songs they think are crap easily could be like Lucifer's Hands, Crystal Ballroom, and Mercy. They still can make great material, but have no clue what is the best. Just release everything. And there can be a disc two of demos. It does not have to be one cd anymore. They don't cost that much. Two discs 18.99. Simple.
  6. Originally posted by pleasegone:[..]
    This type of thinking used to be "relevant." But not anymore. Albums are things for old people, or young people who are old school. I happen to love getting as much as I can. The days of 35 minutes albums gave the best chance of making a classic album. They should simply Make just one version of the album. Disc one can be the 12 songs and the other 5 songs. Call them bonus tracks or whatever. We can pretend the first 12 songs are all that is there if we don't like the other five. We all know that the songs they think are crap easily could be like Lucifer's Hands, Crystal Ballroom, and Mercy. They still can make great material, but have no clue what is the best. Just release everything. And there can be a disc two of demos. It does not have to be one cd anymore. They don't cost that much. Two discs 18.99. Simple.
    I say 12 songs on disc one, then, and then the bonus songs on disc two this time can include "The Best Thing" Kygo remix!
  7. Either way is fine BPT, just don't release five versions at Target, Wal Mart, I Tunes, keep it simple.
  8. With more dates thru October just listed for Jt30 it looks like holidays would be good release time with all this momentum coming off this tour.
    And set up April start of next tour.