1. Have you heard the rubbish from the album so far?
  2. Nope. Cause everything I’ve heard I’ve really liked. My least favourite is Little Things but that is only because I don’t have much use for slow songs. The track itself though is good!
  3. I don’t trust Bono when making statements like that, but Bill Flanagan I would actually trust. Hard to make the claim that any album will ever top Achtung Baby, but when coming from the author of the greatest U2 book ever written, covering Achtung and Zoo TV, this has me at least a little excited.
  4. Updated tracklist:
    Love Is All We Have Left
    You're The Best Thing About Me
    The Blackout
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
    The Lights of Home
    Landlady
    Much More Better
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    American Soul
    Summer Of Love
    The Showman
    The Little Things That Give You Away

Deluxe edition:
    The Book of Your Heart

GOOYOW/AS/SoL & TS & Little Things order/position final
  5. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    I don’t trust Bono when making statements like that, but Bill Flanagan I would actually trust. Hard to make the claim that any album will ever top Achtung Baby, but when coming from the author of the greatest U2 book ever written, covering Achtung and Zoo TV, this has me at least a little excited.
    What he possibly means is that he prefers the story/chronologics of SOE as a whole more than Achtung Baby.

What he forgets is, that Achtung Baby for most fans was a grower more than any other U2 album. I doubt that many U2 fans loved AB at first listen and put it as "better than The Joshua Tree". It takes time. So no way he can already say this about SOE.
  6. So, a snippet of The Blackout studio version was played...did anyone hear it?
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    What he possibly means is that he prefers the story/chronologics of SOE as a whole more than Achtung Baby.

What he forgets is, that Achtung Baby for most fans was a grower more than any other U2 album. I doubt that many U2 fans loved AB at first listen and put it as "better than The Joshua Tree". It takes time. So no way he can already say this about SOE.
    I loved AB from the beginning, because I disliked JT when it was first released. Now I love the album but at the time I was glad that they had gone a differant path on AB
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I've actually seen it turned around in 4 weeks before (believe it or not) It wasn't a smooth rollout, and (IMHO) very unwise... but done nevertheless... although I don't think the band would allow another debacle on their hands for 2nd consecutuve release...

Hence my point of «rarely goes below 6 weeks». Can it be done? Yes. Should it? Arguably not.