1. Can't agree, SOE is not a bad record, but for U2 standards just average, I miss a kind of sharpness, anger and passion on SOE.
    This is confirmed by my disinterest in the E & I tour.
  2. Life changing here. Lyrics are so powerful and relevant to where my wife and I are at in our lives. And residing in Australia, we've come to build travels around this band since 2013. Never thought we'd head to places like Seattle back then and then Vegas, Nashville or Brussels etc in the last 12 months but glad we have. Songs of Experience accompanies us on high rotation....just a stunning record.
  3. Last time i heard it was in the car travelling back from holiday. The album didn’t caught me at all (normally most u2 albums do especially When i didn’t hear it in a while).
    For me SoE is one off my least favorite u2 albums. Do like best thing, gooyow, summer and that’s about it.
    SoI is the better album minus Some tracks such as ebw.
    Hope They make an album once withouten all the endless tweaking and polishing.
  4. Still my 3rd favourite album from them.
  5. Whoa, that's quite the high ranking. I'm not even sure it breaks my top 10 and I do really enjoy it.
  6. I know I keep saying that Songs of Innocence and of Experience is my favourite album. That’s true. But if I had to had to pick one single album, gun to my head, had to pick one... It’s Songs of Experience.
  7. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I know I keep saying that Songs of Innocence and of Experience is my favourite album. That’s true. But if I had to had to pick one single album, gun to my head, had to pick one... It’s Songs of Experience.
    Songs of Experience is your favourite U2 album?
  8. If I had to pick just one, I think it’s this one, yeah. It’s not their most sophisticated album but in some ways that’s really nice, and the songs hit me just at the time I needed songs like that.
  9. Songs of Experience is my favorite U2 album as well.

I guess it's the overall feel of the album which is pretty poppy. I like that.
  10. It's certainly one of my favorites.
  11. A bit too “lovey” and poppy for me - it sits in the middle of the pack.
  12. A year ago this weekend is when we woke to that Facebook stream of that guy playing the album in full on his turntable