1. Originally posted by TheShowman:[..]
    I listened to SOE the first two months almost ever day. For me it has 4 killer tracks: Little Things (studio version is much better than live version), Landlady, 13, and Book Of Your Heart. I also felt ashamed of being a U2 fan for American Soul. And the tracks Get Out Of Your Own Way, The Showman and The Blackout (Facebook version) are also bad. I’m already bored by the new album. It don’t belong to my favorite U2 albums since first listening experience. And I fear I will be bored by the new tour after a few shows aswell. Summer Of Love and especially Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way are bit hyped by fans. The tracks are not that good. Love Is Bigger maybe because of the vinylman leak who was yelling it is a great track.
    Thanks for the healthy does of negativity. Maybe you should change your screenname
  2. Well it's not negativity. It is just a honest opinion. I'm sorry.
  3. I still don’t get book of your heart. It’s just ok
  4. I agree , it’s good in context it’s a b side (not near as good a LH and CB) but my biggest problem with the song is the mix. Bono is way to high in the mix for my taste.
  5. To me Book Of Your Heart is an a-side, excellent melody. The ending is great with Bono's louder vocals.
  6. been listening to remastered war album passed ten days...refugee means so much more now
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Honest question:

It's March 14th. Who is still listening to SOE on a regular basis 4½ months after it came out?
    If you do, you do it in full or hand-picking certain songs? If you don't, why and since when?

After seeing this post I decided to listen again for the first time in 2 months but I only listened to 3/4 tracks. This album doesn’t make me want to go back for repeat listens, it’s just not interesting enough. I said it when it was released it’s missing the Edge factor. All the best U2 songs have great guitar work at their heart, but apart from a couple of tracks he’s largely subdued. This still really sounds like a bono solo record. The problem is their damned if they do and damned if the don’t. If they release another record where the sound exactly like themselves they’re critised for it, and if they release something where they don’t sound like themselves they’ll be told they’re trying to hard to be relevant. Maybe REM had the sense to know when to stop!

Anyways I look forward to seeing them on tour. There live shows are always good, and the back catalogue surperb.

At the moment I’m listening to Manchester band James albums since they reformed in 2008 and they’ve produced some really excellent music and if I’m honest much better quality than U2s output in the last 10yrs. But music is personal taste so what interests me is lost on someone else!
  8. +1 to the Bono solo album. Said it from day 1 and it's actually the second thing that bothers me the most about SOE. The first is that, unlike SOI, it has no theme, no coherence. There are gems here and there, sure, just like in every U2 album... But it's not a great record. As a summary: +1 to SOE not asking you for repeat listens. That's why I was asking.

Answering my own question: I have heard the full album between 8 and 10 times since it leaked, not more. Soon I re-ordered it and dropped American Soul, and by mid January I was already hand-picking certain songs. Now I only listen –scarcely– to Lights of Home, Summer Of Love, Red Flag Day, Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and Book Of Your Heart. Maybe 2 or 3 of these a week.

PS. Summer Of Love is still my ringtone and Love Is Bigger is my alarm every morning but I'm not counting these
  9. Still playing it multiple times a week. Still loving it. Hardly skipping any tracks. Red Flag Day absolute favourite.
  10. Haven’t listened to the full album in a couple months. I still listen to LoH, Red Flag Day, Love is Bigger, BOYH. I can’t stand GOOYOW and Best Thing still. And The Showman is horrible
  11. Agreed! I'd love to see them bring this out on tour!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:+1 to the Bono solo album. Said it from day 1 and it's actually the second thing that bothers me the most about SOE. The first is that, unlike SOI, it has no theme, no coherence. There are gems here and there, sure, just like in every U2 album... But it's not a great record. As a summary: +1 to SOE not asking you for repeat listens. That's why I was asking.

Answering my own question: I have heard the full album between 8 and 10 times since it leaked, not more. Soon I re-ordered it and dropped American Soul, and by mid January I was already hand-picking certain songs. Now I only listen –scarcely– to Lights of Home, Summer Of Love, Red Flag Day, Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way and Book Of Your Heart. Maybe 2 or 3 of these a week.

PS. Summer Of Love is still my ringtone and Love Is Bigger is my alarm every morning but I'm not counting these
    The theme couldn't be more apparent to me.