1. I still have the songs of the album on the USB key in my car and truck and I like em all when played random but it’s a long time I don’t play the whole album from start to end
  2. Listening now. Best Thing just sounds so good and refreshing.
  3. I still love it - especially as some songs came alive during the tour. Little Things, LIAWHL, Lights of Home, Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, Blackout, 13 and Book of Your Heart are my standouts, and I only skip the Showman, Landlady and the Best Thing.
  4. Probably my favourite album from them. Definitely one of the strongest in my opinion. Only bad song is The Showman. They produced 2 of their greatest songs from this album too (LIB and Little Things).
  5. Can’t believe it’s been a year already. I really enjoy the album, rate it highly but I guess there’s some things that could really have improved it for me. Showman, and American soul I really wouldn’t miss. I also think Love is all we have left isn’t the best song and would prefer an arrangement of best Thing similar to the tour version as opposed to what we got on the album. That sounds like a lot of negatives but that leaves what for me would have been a significantly stronger 10 song album looking like this.

Blackout
    Lights Of Home
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    Best Thing (tour arrangement version)
    Summer Of Love
    Red Flag Day
    Little Things That give You Away
    Landlady
    Love Is bigger

That to me would be an incredible album instead of a very good one that we actually got.
  6. It’s probably my favorite. It’s still hard for me to pick between this one and SOI, but... it might be this one, if I’m forced to consider them separately. I listened to it twice today, and it’s funny to me, I’m in such a different place than I was when it came out, and it was SO very much the album I needed then... and it still is, even though a lot is different in my life now. Truly powerful, moving songs.
  7. I appreciate this album a lot, thematically and musically. I think most of the album is solid, even the few songs I don't like as much I listen to
  8. When Thames's released I was serving overseas, and I remember listening to it on repeat when on shore leave. My wife was pregnant and I was stressed. All I can say is Little Things, LIAWHL and Landlady will always remind me of that time, and are some of my favorite U2 songs
  9. Originally posted by jennagirl:I still love it - especially as some songs came alive during the tour. Little Things, LIAWHL, Lights of Home, Summer of Love, Red Flag Day, Blackout, 13 and Book of Your Heart are my standouts, and I only skip the Showman, Landlady and the Best Thing.
    Skip 3 songs ouf of 13 of U2 record, that is quit a lot. The only U2 record which a I skip 3 songs and more is Zooropa.
  10. I still can't make it through this album without getting highly emotional. it's one of the most honest lyrics bono has ever written, in my opinion. to me this album is up there with their very best and definitely in my own top 5.
  11. Originally posted by flowerchild:I still can't make it through this album without getting highly emotional. it's one of the most honest lyrics bono has ever written, in my opinion. to me this album is up there with their very best and definitely in my own top 5.
    Same here...getting a bit older means that sad things in life become kind of inevitable (and beautiful things leave a much more intense mark somehow). It's such a comfort to have these songs around.
  12. it is a very emotional and personal one but really both of those records are. Iris still gets me.......