1. Originally posted by superchuk5:[..]
    Great part of Elevation was instead of two slots that were unpredictable, pretty much everything from Until the End of the World through Streets was in some kind of flux all tour. There were patterns, but the order got flipped around a lot per my memory. Perhaps that's just the blessings of a stripped-down production?
    I remember the wheel we saw at the 2018 rehearsals and for just a moment I really thought 'wow, they might go for that!' Imagine spinning a wheel every night on the e - stage to decide which 2, 3 songs they'd play that night. It would make for a lot of fun moments and would engage the audience. Then again, they could have rigged it and the wheel would stop at Elevation & Vertigo every night!
  2. Do we know what songs was on that wheel?
  3. Almost 3 years from its release, and I'm sad to say that the songs in the album do nothing for me now. I haven't felt the itch to play a song in the album in more than a year. A couple of songs are good: Lights of Home, Little Things, that's about it.
    I still feel angry about the lazy effort they did in other songs that I'm not even going to mention anymore, as I try to forget they even exist.
    I now put this album as the worst U2 album so far. October still has the charm of four young boys finding their sound, and HTDAAB at least doesn't have the line "what we had is not coming back, Zack".
    Sorry if this sounds too negative. I still love SOI, though.
  4. Book Of Your Heart is the only song on the album that sounds good.

The production is generally terrible on SOE.
  5. Little Things is an odd one. I think everyone can agree that it sounded pretty good live in 2017. How that did not translate to the studio version I have no idea.

And the Beck remixes are far superior. They should have got him to produce the album...
  6. I still play the album a lot. Love Is All We Have Left, Lights of Home, Little Things, Landlady, Book of your Heart are the tracks I usually play. Sometimes The Showman. Rest is fading away.