1. Oh man I had no idea. That makes me sad haha.

SoE is fine. I like it well enough, but don’t love it. Landlady is the song I revisit the most, but I don’t think there’s a song on the album I don’t enjoy. Probably somewhere around Pop in my ranking - good ideas, occasionally flawed execution.
  2. For me this album is still very good. Dare I say even my favorite?

Love Is Bigger is a U2 classic and is now a live staple in the set. Lights of Home (strings), Get Out Of Your Own Way, Little Things, Landlady, Blackout and 13 are all great songs.

Red Flag Day and Summer of Love are OK songs and I can't help but sing along when they come on.

Love is All We Have Left is kinda just there for me, but I don't really see that as a song.

The Showman and American Soul are still shite though.
  3. Haha really? It was discussed heavily. The best guitar moment in the album (there ain't many!) and it's not even U2's!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha really? It was discussed heavily. The best guitar moment in the album (there ain't many!) and it's not even U2's!
    The Little things is one of the best songs they've done post 2000 so it ain't all bad.
  5. Absolutely. That's actually what drives me crazy (and sad) about SOE: the highs are REALLY highs (Little Things, Book Of Your Heart -still don't get why it's not in the main album-, Red Flag Day, Love Is Bigger) but the lows are REALLY lows (American Soul, The Best Thing and The Showman are plain embarrasing).
  6. would SOE be the most divisive U2 album? I think so, it has the most polar opposite opinons
  7. Paired with NLOTH, yes.
  8. I still love it
  9. I would agree with this, I don’t know a U2 album so loved and hated amongst the community. Some people saying it’s one of their best some say it’s their worst. And I find myself somewhere in the middle. Nowhere near their worst or best imo. And I can only keep repeating it could have been a great 10 song album with a couple of tweaks. The live album from the fanclub is a big improvement with no showman and acoustic best thing, although I usually skip love is all we have left and start off with blackout, American soul is still skippable as well.
  10. I love the album! Little Things and Landlady are awesome. Can see why it’s split though.
  11. I've always thought that Love Is All We Have Left would make a great intro to Streets.