1. Somebody described it once as sounding like a Joshua Tree b-side. To me that is a good thing. I love that song.

Little Things is great, but I prefer the Spotify singles version to the watered down album version.
  2. Actually no… March 09 to Sept 2014 was. Answered my own question.
  3. We need an new album before before 13 June 2023 before going into extra time. Thank you SydneyMIke
  4. I realized tonight I’m not exactly sure where I would rank this album but SOE came out at a very turbulent time in my life and for that it will always be special.
  5. For me, SOE has aged very badly. I don't think I can connect with it anymore.
    U2'albums normally are composed marjority by great songs with one or two mediocre songs, but SOE is composed by mediocre songs with one or two great tracks. (again, this is FOR ME. It's my opinion. Everyone's got to have their own taste and I respect that)

On the other hand, SOI has aged like wine. Listening to it again, I can see it's an amazing LP. I think if it wasn't for the iTunes backlash, it would have gottten some recognition back then.
  6. Originally posted by ViniedgeU2:For me, SOE has aged very badly. I don't think I can connect with it anymore.
    U2'albums normally are composed marjority by great songs with one or two mediocre songs, but SOE is composed by mediocre songs with one or two great tracks. (again, this is FOR ME. It's my opinion. Everyone's got to have their own taste and I respect that)

On the other hand, SOI has aged like wine. Listening to it again, I can see it's an amazing LP. I think if it wasn't for the iTunes backlash, it would have gottten some recognition back then.
    Tend to agree, and we also got Lucifer's Hands and the Crystal Ballroom as well from that time. Although I'd up the number of good tracks on SoE (subjectively speaking) to four or five.
  7. I love SOE. Little Things, Red Flag Day and LIAWHF are 3 of my favorite U2 songs. And then SOL, Blackout, LOH, Land Lady and 13 are all good to great songs.
  8. Originally posted by Bonoboy92:I love SOE. Little Things, Red Flag Day and LIAWHF are 3 of my favorite U2 songs. And then SOL, Blackout, LOH, Land Lady and 13 are all good to great songs.
    Yep, I love SOE too!
    currently it is on position 4 in my top 10 albums.

1. Pop
    2. Achtung Baby
    3. The Joshua Tree
    4. Songs of Experience
    5. No Line On The Horizon
    6. Zooropa
    7. Songs of Innocence
    8. The Unforgettable Fire
    9. Boy
    10.October

BTW: I'm not sure that SOS will make it to the top 10.... I'll have to hear it first in full...
  9. I wouldn’t even consider songs of surrender if I was ranking albums. It’s not new material, I’d need to start including live releases and compilations as well if songs of surrender is in the mix. They’ve still got 14 studio albums as far as I’m concerned (13 + a hybrid really (R&H)). If I was ranking R&H the live tracks wouldn’t be taken into consideration.
  10. Originally posted by bonoschild:[..]
    Tend to agree, and we also got Lucifer's Hands and the Crystal Ballroom as well from that time. Although I'd up the number of good tracks on SoE (subjectively speaking) to four or five.
    Well, LH and CB are both from SOI, so, it increases the number of great songs in Innocence.

Book of your Heart is great! So we can count good tracks as 3 or 4 in SOE.