1. Weren't we supposed to have Songs of Ascent by now?
  2. 1. Love is All We Have Left
    2. The Blackout.
    3. Lights Of Home (strings)
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. Get Out Of Your Own Way
    6. American Soul
    7. You're The Best Thing About Me
    8. Summer of Love
    9. The Little Things That Give You Away
    10. Book Of Your Heart
    11. LandLady
    12. Love is Bigger
    13. 13 (There is a light)

That would be my album order. It's actually quite a solid album.
  3. Get Andy Barlow to produce the next effort, tell Bono to stop writing dodgy lyrics and invite the rhythm section to a few more songs - and that might go rather nicely.
  4. I love this interview with Bono and Edge doing a track by track discussion about Songs of Experience. Especially the part about relevance and what U2 should sound like, after Summer of Love:

5. Agree with Mike.
  6. SOE one of U2 's better albums?? Are you kidding? You can' t be serious....
  7. Do they ever mention it's one of their better albums (from those released between 2016 and 2021)?
  8. i've listened to a several rock playlist's from the 10's (2011~2020) SOI and SOE seems more interesting to listen compared with another several established musicians who simply released more of the same, using cliché elements typical of what music became in that decade to get some relevance in the market, u2 sounded more authentic in my opinion, tried to find in his own discography elements that could direct them to the current market, but maintaining the good quality and logic in what they had been producing previously.

but it's just my dubious fan opinion
  9. So all this talk about a nearly/completed completed Songs Of Ascent , was pretty much all bullshit from the band at the time ?

Fyi i ( used to love ) like SOE, streets ahead of SOI in my opinion!
  10. Yes. Nothing new under the sun.