1. Pfffffff, what a waste of time, being anger of this. Be happy that there are tapers on this world, who are recording u2 shows for free.. Flac or mp3, who cares. If you want the show in mp3, just covert it.
  2. Originally posted by ferrari:Pfffffff, what a waste of time, being anger of this. Be happy that there are tapers on this world, who are recording u2 shows for free.. Flac or mp3, who cares. If you want the show in mp3, just covert it.
    + 1
  3. OK, this is starting to be another LA thread discussion. Everyone has their right to an opinion. U2met86 was just venting his issues with this particular taper's policy.
    Are we all grateful that tapers share their work? Yes, no one is saying otherwise. Anyone here should be able to freely express him/herself.
  4. Taper talk:

"If you don't like it, then go ahead and tape it yourself and release without restrictions."

I've relaxed a bit on my restrictions but will still advocate for folks to follow the requests of tapers regarding the recording. But free speech is still good, so feel free to complain all you want
  5. remember having to trade and getting burnt or buying bootlegs.
  6. Originally posted by brewdog:Why do people want MP3s anyway, what an inconvenience when some people use Periscope and Mixlr to narrowcast the show live. I, for one, cannot wait for some taper to convert his pull and upload it in flac, or even MP3… takes too long! I need my show right now! Isn't the Montreal show up yet? Why not???

Really? When I started listening to U2 shows I had to tape them off the radio myself or wait from my buddy to bring one by so I could dub it. WhElevation Tour came 'round and I could join a CD-Tree, that was heaven.
    If you need your quick fix, watch Youtube while you wait the extra half hour to download and convert.

Cheers & Apologies to J. Swift...
    wow cd trees and trading vcds back in the early 2000s .how about dial up internet. took like 30 hours to get a 2 hour concert download off of ftp sites one mp3 at a time.
  7. oh how about listening to u2 concerts on real audio on your web tv and recording them to your vcr.thank God for tapers that provide these shows to us.flac all day long.we have endured many hardships as fans...this is not one.
  8. Yes good points... I only ever use MP3's to listen to but while download Flac if that's all there is. I think you have to respect the wishes of the tapers though...and if they say no mp3 (except for personal use) then that's the rule. Without them there is no tunes......
  9. It's really not hard to convert FLACs nowadays. I'm not sure if Audacity still lets me do it actually, so I may be switching software, but whatever. Besides, if I find a recording that I think is worthy of being kept, I am more than willing to put in the time to add the appropriate tags.
  10. maybe this is the wrong forum for this but I have a problem with the may 27th flac. i have tried to download three times and when i use stuffit expander is says the file has "broken file occurred could not download" anyone else have this issue?
  11. Originally posted by dms21ep:maybe this is the wrong forum for this but I have a problem with the may 27th flac. i have tried to download three times and when i use stuffit expander is says the file has "broken file occurred could not download" anyone else have this issue?
    Yes, please post here: http://u2start.com/topic/2153/

(for me the files work fine, could you otherwise try Rar Expander or something? reply in the topic above how that turned out )
  12. Originally posted by u2met86:[..]
    The issue was being FORCED to go through a needlessly indirect process which TAKES a half-hour to get the MP3 boot, when current technology makes it possible to complete this entire process DIRECTLY in about 3-5 minutes. And having the reason for this stipulation be nothing better than "because this particular taper says so," and finding out that they get pissed off and threaten to punish everyone if 1 member of this forum is willing to do some intermediary steps ONCE to kindly save some time for thousands of other people so they don't all have to do them individually.

Just because you like mp3 doesn't mean everyone does.

Nobody forces you to do anything; if you don't want to download a show in flac then don't. mp3 has been the bane of the music community for the last nearly 20 years. kids nowadays don't know about quality they just care about quantity.

In your sentences you sound so much ungrateful ... as if everything was due to you. if you want you can go tape the shows yourself and then upload them in crappy mp3, nobody forbids you to do so. But when a taper asks politely for his/her recordings not to be uploaded somewhere in lossy format then it's simply courtesy to respect his/her wishes.