1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Well, we have much better Miracle, a different song in the intermission and overall, the songs are being played much better. That's an evolution to me, not necessarily in the setlists.
    Totally agree with you. And there's more songs played throughout the tour, including some great surprises

It's just that apparently the evolution of the setlist is more important to some people, so I kinda pictured rummy coming next week to complain to you about that word in case he puts that much weight into the setlist.
  2. btw, this is a great idea! I'll try to get the previous ones eventually...

Do you think it would be better to "keep" some versions together?

Like instead of voting for the best -say- SBS and best RBW and best UTEOTW, to just vote for the best SBS+RBW+UTEOTW combo.

Same with some other combos in the show.
  3. The show has definitely evolved over the past few months. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:btw, this is a great idea! I'll try to get the previous ones eventually...

Like instead of voting for the best -say- SBS and best RBW and best UTEOTW, to just vote for the best SBS+RBW+UTEOTW combo.

If we are making a compilation, good segues between tracks are a must.
  5. The master has spoken.

I missed this when J created it, I'll definitely contribute to some earlier tours.
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:btw, this is a great idea! I'll try to get the previous ones eventually...

it's not a bad idea but... if we do this, half of the compilation will be one concert, I don't see the fun in that
  7. No, different polls per song. Then we need someone that can mix all performances together.
  8. what an awesome idea, would love to have this of each I+E tour leg
  9. ok! seems that some people are interested by this project

how about starting with the beginning? Boy Tour?

Setlist based on these statistics: http://www.u2gigs.com/Boy_Tour.html
    and U2start's best ranked bootlegs (3.5 to 5 stars).

anybody has an idea how to make the polls?
    a poll per song ?
  10. Honestly, if I were to do this, I'd pick one show that had high quality recording and performance, and get that polished up as much as possible. Then have a follow-up compilation with all of the "wild card" songs performed after mysterious ways. Include a full set for OOC/Gloria/Electric Co + each of the closers + Bad/AIWIY + Miracle Drug, and you've basically got the whole thing.

I think having "show" compilation of songs from different shows mixed together will have them sound significantly different. Makes it distracting. Unless you have access to nice soundboard or iem mixes and can make it sound relatively uniform.
  11. Note: my post only applies to the I+E tour, but I would do something similar for a lot of the other modern tours.