1. Originally posted by SLodewijks:I don't immediately get where the line runs between 'real upgrades' and 'useless upgrades' to be honest, but thanks for your answers! Nice to know I'm not the only one that plays around with soundquality ;-)

What I usually do is:
    - crank up the volume to a, to me at least, better level.
    - adjust balance and/or bass/trebble
    - application of moderate dynamics processing
    - fix possible gaps and/or pops
    - create a decent fade-in and fade-out at the beginning and end.
    - remove the gaps that mp3 files have between tracks. (I personally still use cd's with wav files, because concerts lose their continuity with those little gaps between tracks. Especially when two songs are played morfing into each other: I want one track to fluently follow the other. This will not be fixable for U2Start, because here only mp3's files are shared, as far as I know)

Some of the possibly more 'controversial' things I sometimes do are these:
    - mix out 'Bono babble' or radio commercials, and so on, between tracks (at least if I think it's gonna annoy me when istening to a concert regularly)
    - if there's a recording gap mid-song (usually these are little gaps that last only a fraction of a second) I sometimes use a tiny bit of an undamaged similar verse from the same song to mend it. But only if afterwards one can't notice the edited bit. Note: only gaps in instrumental parts of songs can be mended this way. If there's singing, it's much harder to fix without a listener noticing it.
    - I have a strange personal preference to make a concert 1% faster than the original recording, this makes it a little more fresh.

The latest concert I fixed and enhanced is the Las Vegas one that I downloaded from U2Start. I can send one of you my version, and maybe he/she can tell me if my edits are worth anything? You can pm me your email address, and I'll send the concert via WeTransfer.

Thanks in advance. (I'm also fine if no one is interested by the way, haha, so don't worry if this dies here and now ;-) )

Stephan
    Please keep these to yourself. You start with MP3s (remove the gaps part), "Crank up the volume", change the speed of the recording as well as admitting to be an amateur.

I tape, I share, I do not appreciate people "Improving" and then sharing my recordings, unless they know what they are doing. Very few do.
  2. These 'upgrades' are best kept for personal consumption. I can see the point of cleaning up radio broadcasts of commercials etc but I am a strong believer of assuming that what the taper has created and shared is already the best representation of what they have recorded.

If your opinion differs to that of the taper then you can make the adjustments you like but I think it best that these aren't then widely shared alongside the original recordings.

3. This is not correct. We started offering lossless material over 9 years ago.

And I agree with germcevoy and Chrisedge - while this kind of fixes can be useful for listening pleasures, they should not be released to the public since 99% of the times they devaluate significantly the original recording.

I decline to commentate on the "I mix out Bono's babble between tracks" point
  4. Ok, that's clear. Thanks for the help and answers people! ;-)

Regards from the Netherlands.
  5. know that this new source bootle japan IEM

◆Recorded Live at Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
    [Multiple IEM Sources + Original Audience Source = Matrix Recording]

[1st Night: 6th July 2015]
    (Disc 1)
    01. Opening (People Have The Power) 02. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) 03. Out of Control 04. Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? Intro / Vertigo 05. I Will Follow 06. Iris (Hold Me Close) 07. Cedarwood Road 08. Song For Someone 09. Sunday Bloody Sunday 10. Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 11. Until the End of the World 12. Intermission (The Wanderer) 13. Invisible 14. Even Better Than The Real Thing 15. Mysterious Ways 16. Elevation
    (Disc 2)
    01. Desire * 02. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of (Piano Version) 03. Every Breaking Wave (Acoustic) 04. Bullet The Blue Sky 05. The Hands that Built America Intro / Pride (In the Name of Love) / Give Peace A Chance 06. Beautiful Day / Instant Karma & Give Peace A Chance 07. Bad / Moment Of Surrender 08. With Or Without You Encore: 09. City Of Blinding Lights 10. Mother And Child Reunion Intro / Where the Streets Have No Name 11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 12. Stand By Me
    * performed by U2 tribute band "Acrobat", featuring Bono and The Edge

[2nd Night: 7th July 2015]
    (Disc 3)
    01. Opening (People Have the Power) 02. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) 03. The Electric Co. 04. Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? Intro / Vertigo 05. I Will Follow 06. Iris (Hold Me Close) 07. Cedarwood Road 08. Song for Someone 09. Sunday Bloody Sunday 10. Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 11. Until the End of the World 12. Intermission (The Wanderer) 13. Invisible 14. Even Better Than the Real Thing 15. Mysterious Ways
    (Disc 4)
    01. Angel of Harlem ** 02. All I Want Is You ** 03. Every Breaking Wave 04. Bullet the Blue Sky 05. The Hands that Built America Intro / Pride (In the Name of Love) 06. Beautiful Day / Give Peace A Chance 07. With or Without You
    Encore: 08. City of Blinding Lights 09. Mother and Child Reunion Intro / Where the Streets Have No Name 10. One
    ** with audience member Stephanie playing additional acoustic guitar

購入希望

CHECK!
    購入希望の方は上のボタンをクリックしてください。
  6. well that's interesting. thanks
  7. Does someone have it?
  8. A new IEM for I+E Barcelona Night 4 now in our pages. I know some of you love with burning passion IEMs, so there you go.
    Many thanks to Diego, the taper, for kindly giving his permission to share his IEM here.
    (Note: the original files were in mp3, and we share them as they are)
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:A new IEM for I+E Barcelona Night 4 now in our pages. I know some of you love with burning passion IEMs, so there you go.
    Many thanks to Diego, the taper, for kindly giving his permission to share his IEM here.
    Nice! Thank you! I love IEMs, even if they are with counting and interference.
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:A new IEM for I+E Barcelona Night 4 now in our pages. I know some of you love with burning passion IEMs, so there you go.
    Thanks Diego for recording & sharing, thanks César for uploading
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:A new IEM for I+E Barcelona Night 4 now in our pages. I know some of you love with burning passion IEMs, so there you go.
    Diego didn't include an info file in the recording, but he asked me to tell you this: his IEM is an unfinished job. It is about 50% finished, so expect some inconsistencies, interference, unbalanced audio, etc. Diego has no intention to finish this but he kindly shares the files as they are right now.

Cheers everyone.