Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Nothing will be more heartbreaking to me than hearing them rehearse Trying To Throw Your Arms, Larry fucking up playing with the drum track, and the band just saying "fuck it".

God damn I love that song.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Nothing will be more heartbreaking to me than hearing them rehearse Trying To Throw Your Arms, Larry fucking up playing with the drum track, and the band just saying "fuck it".

Do you have audio of that?

My favorite live memory of the band is Bono unexpectedly (for the first time, and only twice to follow) using Tryin' as a snippet in MW on the 360 Tour.

Absolutely blew my mind watching him go into that snippet while in the pit.
  3. Originally posted by MattG:And I'm wrong about them not having thought about it in 25 years - they rehearsed it on the 360 Tour, too.

Can't believe they've spent time on this song for the past 7 years and it never saw the light of day in any rotational slot.

They also played it in South America on PopMart, didn't they?

At any rate, excited to hear this song live, for sure...although it's such a good "closer" on the album that I can't imagine right now having the song come any place earlier in the setlist?
  4. When this tour was announced, I think I was most excited to finally hear Exit and Running to Stand Still live.

Now that I've been practicing every nook and cranny of this album with my band, though - Trip Through Your Wires might be my #1 to hear at this show. The song is SO fun and really very unlike the band...it'll be a lot of fun to hear them revisit that one!! The harmonies are SO great and the harmonica is just prime.
  5. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]

They also played it in South America on PopMart, didn't they?

At any rate, excited to hear this song live, for sure...although it's such a good "closer" on the album that I can't imagine right now having the song come any place earlier in the setlist?
    That's right, it was played on PopMart. Glad it still kicks around in their brain. If songs like Mothers do (that had virtually no popularity), then I'm sure other long lost gems are in there too.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

My favorite live memory of the band is Bono unexpectedly (for the first time, and only twice to follow) using Tryin' as a snippet in MW on the 360 Tour.

Unfortunately, no. I had to ask someone here for it back when it happened. I can't even remember what city it was recorded in. It was on 360 though, and Willie Williams was the one who asked them to try it. It was very obvious from the recording that they half-assed the attempt.
  7. Originally posted by MattG:[..]

Chicago 2011, yes! I was there, too, and still consider it one of the absolute highlights.

Would love for that song to make a full comeback - one of the reasons I hope they don't limit themselves to just 80s stuff.
  8. Originally posted by MattG:When this tour was announced, I think I was most excited to finally hear Exit and Running to Stand Still live.

Now that I've been practicing every nook and cranny of this album with my band, though - Trip Through Your Wires might be my #1 to hear at this show. The song is SO fun and really very unlike the band...it'll be a lot of fun to hear them revisit that one!! The harmonies are SO great and the harmonica is just prime.
    I thought it was just me. It will be great live and hope people know it and sing along. Hoping Dublin will be like this
  9. Bring back C'mon Everybody!
  10. Originally posted by MattG:When this tour was announced, I think I was most excited to finally hear Exit and Running to Stand Still live.

It's one of my favourites on the album - it's so much fun! It's a very odd song for them, absolutely. It's one of those U2 songs where the drums are just such a key part of it, which isn't normally their thing, so that adds another layer of amazingness to it.

A lot of people find it the weak link on TJT, but give me Trip over Mothers or In God's Country any day.
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Nothing will be more heartbreaking to me than hearing them rehearse Trying To Throw Your Arms, Larry fucking up playing with the drum track, and the band just saying "fuck it".

Are you talking about the rehearsal in Turin? I think I still have the audio