Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Someone's forgetting the release of the Slane DVD?
  2. Wait wait wait
    Are we comparing a 15 second snippet with a full song, a hidden gem from their 80s?
  3. Another example is "Mercy", isn't it? At least sort of. The band members had been asked about this song for years, until Willie Williams suggested them to play it on the 360 tour and...Boom. I imagine the fans had some influence on that.

I believe they do eventually listen to our requests (NOT counting POP or Acrobat, of course. But you never know!)
  4. Was that released as a result of fan influence? I don't know the background behind it's release. I've asked my fiancé to retweet that post I'm not on twitter so that's me doing my bit, she's done it already.
  5. Originally posted by kite29:Another example is "Mercy", isn't it? At least sort of. The band members had been asked about this song for years, until Willie Williams suggested them to play it on the 360 tour and...Boom. I imagine the fans had some influence on that.

I believe they do eventually listen to our requests (NOT counting POP or Acrobat, of course. But you never know!)
  6. Originally posted by kite29:Another example is "Mercy", isn't it? At least sort of. The band members had been asked about this song for years, until Willie Williams suggested them to play it on the 360 tour and...Boom. I imagine the fans had some influence on that.

I think it depends on the bands initial thoughts as well, like if we all requested say wire it might be a lot less likely as they probably haven't even considered that since TUF tour and might not have much of a connection with it these days. However I think this one is possible since ASOH has been played on the tour already so it's clearly been in the bands thoughts for a while.
  7. Maybe they'll be rotating ASOH in an out now? I hope it'll just come back nightly.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    But if there's one place in the US that's likely to get it, Boston is a good bet, so I'm hoping that if they play as a rotational I'll probably get to see it!
  8. At the end of WOWY? Now you're confusing me. I'm off my memory meds.

Didnt we start a sign campaign?
  9. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Maybe they'll be rotating ASOH in an out now? I hope it'll just come back nightly.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    But if there's one place in the US that's likely to get it, Boston is a good bet, so I'm hoping that if they play as a rotational I'll probably get to see it!
    Or NY. They always get special treatment.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think it depends on the bands initial thoughts as well, like if we all requested say wire it might be a lot less likely as they probably haven't even considered that since TUF tour and might not have much of a connection with it these days. However I think this one is possible since ASOH has been played on the tour already so it's clearly been in the bands thoughts for a while.
    Exactly. If there is a feasible request in the U2 camp, THIS is the one.
  11. I mean that you can't compare getting the band (more like just Bono) to sing a snippet at the end of WOWY with getting them to perform a full song like others achieved with Mercy, Fast Cars, Spanish Eyes, etc in the past.