Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Disappointing with such a short setlist but do you think it's because a fair amount of the album is in a higher key and range and Bono is trying to rest / protect his voice? Just a thought. I know they have turned down a number of songs (such as New Years Day) to a lower key.

So lucky to have the full performance of The Joshua Tree but they could have made this tour even more special.
  2. Originally posted by kris_smith87:I think they should have a bigger setlist and I would have loved to hear ASOH (though I won't be hearing any of the songs live so it really doesn't matter to me... but really they are going to do the songs they want and have the set as long as they want. This petition is kind of pointless.
    It might be pointless but then again if the band somehow found out about it they might be encouraged to play a song that not only we want but that they thought was fit enough to be played in the first few shows. I don't think the band would just play anything on request but a song that they initially chose themselves is a different matter.
  3. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Yes. Kansas 2001.

It was snippeted in response and Bono changed the lyrics slightly, singing "...People sign all kinds of things..."

So effectively Bono gave it back to the petition
    Petitions will only get their backs up
  4. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    as an australian, i really hope this is completely false UNLESS it is behind a new album. if they come to AU/NZ/asia for the joshua tree, i can't see them coming back on the next tour, if there is ever a new album

I live in Melbourne and have just flown back from seeing three JT shows - one at Levi and two at the Rose Bowl. All three were amazing. I'm a massive U2 fan and saw six I and E shows at MSG. I spoke to U2 roadies in Pasadena. They made it clear that the SOE tour is definitely indoor. I asked about JT tour of Australia. They said U2 will be in Oz either before Christmas 2017 or post January 2018. They would not commit whether it would be JT tour or SOE. I'd prefer indoor SOE tour. However, RHMT, Exit, RTSS, MOD, IGG were gold live. A Sort of Homecoming sent me into a spin - it is up there with BAD.
  5. Originally posted by peto39:[..]

I live in Melbourne and have just flown back from seeing three JT shows - one at Levi and two at the Rose Bowl. All three were amazing. I'm a massive U2 fan and saw six I and E shows at MSG. I spoke to U2 roadies in Pasadena. They made it clear that the SOE tour is definitely indoor. I asked about JT tour of Australia. They said U2 will be in Oz either before Christmas 2017 or post January 2018. They would not commit whether it would be JT tour or SOE. I'd prefer indoor SOE tour. However, RHMT, Exit, RTSS, MOD, IGG were gold live. A Sort of Homecoming sent me into a spin - it is up there with BAD.
    As a Melbourne person myself too, I would love to see the Joshua tree production but would rather the I and e tour, indoors would be so much easier to really get up close and personal with the band
  6. Originally posted by peto39:[..]

Thanks for the info! I was also at some of the MSG shows in 2015. Did you prefer IE or JT? Just wonderinf if I should make the trip or wait.... If I knew they were doing IE here I would but if they do JT not so much point. I wanna see both but only have enough ff points for one haha
  7. I love JT. If I was you I'd use your points to see JT. Even if they bring JT to Oz, seeing them in the US is always better as U2 love the US and the crowds in the US go crazy. I loved IE but I was desperate to hear RHMT and EXit. Mind you hearing ASOH was magic. The GA line up is also a lot better in the US, however I sat in the stands for the first show at Rose Bowl with some locals and they were going as crazy as I was. When ever U2 come to Oz it is great but it is not a patch on seeing them in the US or Europe.
  8. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    As a Melbourne person myself too, I would love to see the Joshua tree production but would rather the I and e tour, indoors would be so much easier to really get up close and personal with the band
    Indoors a thousand times better. At the I and E shows at MSG I was on the floor every night and got very close at every show. The sound was amazing on the floor at MSG. I never lined up until 30 minutes prior to the doors opening. I'm preying they do SOE tour indoor with 6 at Rod Laver, 6 in Syd etc
  9. Originally posted by peto39:I love JT. If I was you I'd use your points to see JT. Even if they bring JT to Oz, seeing them in the US is always better as U2 love the US and the crowds in the US go crazy. I loved IE but I was desperate to hear RHMT and EXit. Mind you hearing ASOH was magic. The GA line up is also a lot better in the US, however I sat in the stands for the first show at Rose Bowl with some locals and they were going as crazy as I was. When ever U2 come to Oz it is great but it is not a patch on seeing them in the US or Europe.
    Hmmmm alright food for thought. Would be seeing them in Europe
  10. Originally posted by peto39:[..]
    Indoors a thousand times better. At the I and E shows at MSG I was on the floor every night and got very close at every show. The sound was amazing on the floor at MSG. I never lined up until 30 minutes prior to the doors opening. I'm preying they do SOE tour indoor with 6 at Rod Laver, 6 in Syd etc
    That would be insane if they do indoors in Aus