1. Originally posted by MattG:Alright guys, no joke, just got this text - Bono bailed.

Through a few industry connections, I'd caught wind that a contract was signed for Bono to perform The Best Thing with Kygo tonight at the Hollywood Bowl. I let the crew know about this roughly 2 weeks or so ago and shared a few teasers here to amp up suspicion / hype / etc. I checked with my source before I posted, and he confirmed that everything was still on.

Well, I know a guy working the show tonight, and rehearsals and the backstage have been prepared. Bono is not on site, and through him asking around a little bit, the contract was broken and the original agreement won't be honored. He just snagged a copy of the setlist for tonight (yes, DJs still use setlists), and The Best Thing does not appear on it.

There will, however, be another special guest at the show tonight to perform a different Kygo song, in lieu of Bono. He's confirmed to be there, has rehearsed, has a dressing room, etc....but it won't be our Bono.

I want to let you guys know that I've been a faithful member of this website for almost a decade and that I would never intentionally spread misinformation - that's why I'm writing this post to you to unveil a bit (that could probably get me in a considerable amount of trouble if it got traced back to me), because I take my reputation seriously and I want to be trustworthy. I stand by the fact that everything I threw into the rumor mill, at the time it was stated, was true.

Apologies for hyping everything up, but perhaps take this to mean everything is much closer than we are anticipating.

If you need further confirmation that I'm not totally pulling your legs, check out what happens tonight at Kygo's show - I hear it's supposed to be hot...hot just like an oven. (Someone around here should be smart enough to put that together)

-MG
    Lighten up, Francis!

All good, clean fun.
  2. The Edge: hey bono, don't perform The Best Thing tonight.
    Bono: why The Edge?
    The Edge: i just cooked up this killer grove that will change this songs dynamic, take a listen.
    Bono: yeah, this new? It's really good. Call Adam and Larry to schedule up a recording session. This new mix has to be on the album.
    The Edge: If not we'll scrap this and work on these demos i recorded at my house. They have killer groves.
  3. too bad! would have loved to see a live version. wonder why he bailed and why this song is still not being properly revealed/released...
  4. well it doesn't in the least surprise me, after the postponing announcement from Adam.
    There is going to be a big silence until at least mid-2017, mark my words.

don't worry about it Matt, that's U2 for you...
  5. I think I know why Bono cancelled. He was too busy with his next project...
  6. Originally posted by MattG:I want to let you guys know that I've been a faithful member of this website for almost a decade and that I would never intentionally spread misinformation - that's why I'm writing this post to you to unveil a bit (that could probably get me in a considerable amount of trouble if it got traced back to me), because I take my reputation seriously and I want to be trustworthy. I stand by the fact that everything I threw into the rumor mill, at the time it was stated, was true.

Apologies for hyping everything up, but perhaps take this to mean everything is much closer than we are anticipating.

If you need further confirmation that I'm not totally pulling your legs, check out what happens tonight at Kygo's show.

HEY MAN, take it easy. The rumour mill turns and turns, and many of the rumours which eventually turn out to be untrue were based on truthful and sincere informations on the first place. So don't worry, nobody here will doubt you at all
  7. Yeah yeah I knowwww, I just feel so bad! I HATE spreading misinformation, and to be honest, not a lot of people from my days of frequent posting are still around, so I don't want any of the new crowd thinking they can't trust me!
  8. Originally posted by MattG:Yeah yeah I knowwww, I just feel so bad! I HATE spreading misinformation, and to be honest, not a lot of people from my days of frequent posting are still around, so I don't want any of the new crowd thinking they can't trust me!
    We're all U2 people. We know how the game works. It's all good.
  9. Well, it's a shame that nothing U2-related is happening tonight, but that's our man Bono for you. Hopefully we'll see something soon!
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Well, it's a shame that nothing U2-related is happening tonight, but that's our man Bono for you. Hopefully we'll see something soon!
    Something did happen. We got to see Bambi-Bono. That's more than I asked for.
  11. Exactly.

And we got the relevant news yesterday from Adam.