1. stop with this version please, EDM is not music , everything is unnatural , the artist are mixers, cd, equalizer and a mac book pro for sure. Dj s of today are really unprofessional, a real dj can mix 5 songs at the same time and bfm, funky ,soul ,rock and others musical genres only with vinyls or cd and a mixer. Not hip hop or rap, really too easy. It's not an opinion but a real thing, i was dj in 80ies and 90ies without computers. Only effects with lights and equalizing. And i didn't earn so much as Avicii, Guetta and others men who make imitation of mixes live in discos and prerecording in studios. Holy shit, sorry. No ears only software.
  2. What utter shit! Get On Your Boots is by far the worst of the worst. It is an embarrassment in fact. To think that the band have delivered so many great songs and then that lands. A real embarrassment of a song! Awful.
    Originally posted by Bloodraven:I hate EDM, and I didn't really liked the Kygo version when I heard it.

I haven't listened to it since... probably since it came out. Months ago for sure.

But you know what? I still have the damn chorus in my mind. So I really think is a great tune.
    Also, Blackout sounded in the teaser a lot less rock than it turned out for real, so whatever, I'm trusting in this guys.

---

Someone mentioning Boots before...
    It really isn't that bad, IMHO, I "hated" it when it came out, but now I'm convinced it was basically an awful timing for that song. Maybe if released today (or before Vertigo) it would've sounded fresh and attractive even for non U2 fans... But ten years ago? Ugh! Same old same old...
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:What utter shit! Get On Your Boots is by far the worst of the worst. It is an embarrassment in fact. To think that the band have delivered so many great songs and then that lands. A real embarrassment of a song! Awful.
    [..]
    but you can accept that someone could have different opinion,right? (not that I'm really fan of that)
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    but you can accept that someone could have different opinion,right? (not that I'm really fan of that)
    of course! totally. the song is crap though. weak and cheap lyrically, like quite a few of his lyrics from ATYCLB onward. SOI&E was good as they were reflective lyrics.
  5. Originally posted by bazzzz:stop with this version please, EDM is not music , everything is unnatural , the artist are mixers, cd, equalizer and a mac book pro for sure. Dj s of today are really unprofessional, a real dj can mix 5 songs at the same time and bfm, funky ,soul ,rock and others musical genres only with vinyls or cd and a mixer. Not hip hop or rap, really too easy. It's not an opinion but a real thing, i was dj in 80ies and 90ies without computers. Only effects with lights and equalizing. And i didn't earn so much as Avicii, Guetta and others men who make imitation of mixes live in discos and prerecording in studios. Holy shit, sorry. No ears only software.
    Wow
  6. Sounds good! Very catchy chorus.
  7. Ah, I can hear this one.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Fucking banger.
  8. Friiiiiiig. You know, I have to say it. SoI is a fantastic album, but it came and went and nothing on it stayed in my head quite like this song has for the past year. I've found myself humming it when I remember it or see it mentioned, find myself wishing I could hear a better version, etc. People have been saying that Blackout might be the most accessible single (*I know it's not the official single) that they've put out since vertigo. Depending on the final version, I think this song could easily be the most accessible song they've put out since maybe Beautiful Day, maybe even more than that song. People I know who aren't U2 fans who I showed this to still ask me about it. It's so damn catchy, it's not shit (as many have said), it's relatable, uplifting, joyous, like the best U2 songs tend to be.

Can't freaking wait.