1. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:Hahaha

Clinton: "awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the laws in this country.”

Trump: 'You'd be in jail'

This sounded so 3rd worldish I can't even get over it
  2. Yeah, i just cannot believe that the levell of debating has dropped so low.
  3. I've got a good one...

If Trump and Clinton are both stuck on a sinking ship, who survives?
  4. Not deplorables at all

5. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    But still, the art of compromise - as in two parties meeting each other somewhere in the middle - seems an art lost in the USA.
    As I recall, the Republicans virtually blocked every plan proposed by the Democrats just because it was proposed by Democrats/Obama.
    To me that seems to be some sort of structural problem... Not sure if that disappears when Obama leaves the White House...

President Obama was actually a master of working with both sides of the aisle. That's why President Obama was able to get as much done as he did in spite of a split Congress. If Trump becomes President, I predict it'll be a complete standstill in DC. Trump has very few, if any, allies in Congress so he probably won't get anything done.

Ironically, the Green Party wouldn't be able to get anything passed at all because their policies and ideology are at the far end of the spectrum and they are unwilling to compromise in areas of environment. That sort of mentality is great for ideals, but terrible for practice.
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    But still, the art of compromise - as in two parties meeting each other somewhere in the middle - seems an art lost in the USA.
    As I recall, the Republicans virtually blocked every plan proposed by the Democrats just because it was proposed by Democrats/Obama.
    To me that seems to be some sort of structural problem... Not sure if that disappears when Obama leaves the White House...

7. Man, it's just sad that Johnson is a joke, Stein has 0 chance of winning, and Trump was never able to keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to get a solid chance of winning.

As it is, America will elect one of the most corrupt candidates ever, one whose campaign relies on labeling any critics as Russian spies, has shown time and again an eagerness to escalate conflicts in the middle east, wants a no fly zone in Syria and to set up a little proxy war with Russia, while having been part of an administration that is ok with selling hundreds of billions in arms to the Saudis while she admits in private that the Saudis fund and arm terrorists (that won't stop her from accepting money from them though)...Anything we hear now may just be her public stance. She gets more support from Wall Street and establishment republicans, nearly all of GWB's buddies and possibly the war criminal himself, than progressives, which should tell you where her private position is. Oh well, on the bright side the US gets to elect the first woman.
  8. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[...] As it is, America will elect one of the most corrupt candidates ever, one whose campaign relies on labeling any critics as Russian spies, has shown time and again an eagerness to escalate conflicts in the middle east, wants a no fly zone in Syria and to set up a little proxy war with Russia [...].
    Look everybody, this subject is successfully brainwashed!
    She, or he, actually believes that the Russians are the good guys and the Americans the bad guys

Wow man, once there were times when you were send to jail if you said those things :