1. I think the setlist criticism is a bit harsh. I did say that I'd change ebttrt and mysterious ways for zoo station and the fly, but even if they didn't we're getting all the rarities with the final 6 on the JT, i don't think we can complain. I love achtung baby and zooropa but I'm not expecting so cruel, acrobat and babyface to get played, especially on this tour.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:I think the setlist criticism is a bit harsh. I did say that I'd change ebttrt and mysterious ways for zoo station and the fly, but even if they didn't we're getting all the rarities with the final 6 on the JT, i don't think we can complain. I love achtung baby and zooropa but I'm not expecting so cruel, acrobat and babyface to get played, especially on this tour.
    Well, certainly not, but given that MW has been a regular for every tour since 1992 and the live performances are not getting any better, how about making other proved hits regular, like All I Want Is You, Stay or New Year's Day? Or how about some early live hits like Out Of Control, Gloria or 11 O'Clock Tick Tock? It's not outside their comfort zone.
  3. Originally posted by AMLBONO:[..]
    Hate it! Why not give a little love to some Pop songs? Mysterious Ways and EBTTRT need to be retired for a while.

If we're saying Mysterious Ways and EBTTRT should sit the setlist out because it wouldn't fit the JT theme, there's no way Pop even gets mentioned this tour. In all the ways Achtung Baby was the sound of U2 chopping down the Joshua Tree, Pop was the sound of them turning it into a table and selling it at a superstore.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Well, certainly not, but given that MW has been a regular for every tour since 1992 and the live performances are not getting any better, how about making other proved hits regular, like All I Want Is You, Stay or New Year's Day? Or how about some early live hits like Out Of Control, Gloria or 11 O'Clock Tick Tock? It's not outside their comfort zone.
    I was really hoping for the purity of it all. Nothing post JT.

5. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

If we're saying Mysterious Ways and EBTTRT should sit the setlist out because it wouldn't fit the JT theme, there's no way Pop even gets mentioned this tour. In all the ways Achtung Baby was the sound of U2 chopping down the Joshua Tree, Pop was the sound of them turning it into a table and selling it at a superstore.
    Not all songs in Pop are about consumerism and irony . Songs like Please and the somber Wake Up Dead Man can fit into a JT-oriented setlist. Remember the combo Bullet-Please in Popmart, or imagine a sequence Mothers Of The Disappeared-Wake Up Dead Man (and then kill yourself).
    Alas, I agree no Pop songs will be played.

6. These songs are so similar that I think putting them one after another would make them less powerful. MOTD-Pride and Wake Up Dead Man-Bad.
  7. I think 40 should end the show.

Encore
    Out of Control
    11 o'clock tick toc
  8. If the shows have 3 sets. What if it goes this route.
    Set 1: pre TJT
    Set 2: full TJT album
    Set 3: post TJT aka AB
  9. Isn't it a bit early to start rehearsing? It's almost 3 months till kick-off.
    For other tours they never rehearsed this far in advance, especially considering that almost half of the Joshua Tree has been played regularly in the past tours
  10. Originally posted by sleus:Isn't it a bit early to start rehearsing? It's almost 3 months till kick-off.
    For other tours they never rehearsed this far in advance, especially considering that almost half of the Joshua Tree has been played regularly in the past tours
    I'd say they rehearsed plenty for previous tours. Likely all done in a studio environment working on the arrangements of the songs they haven't played in a while and working out the set list. U2 will want to have the show rehearsed to within an inch of its life before they setup at the first venue for full proper run throughs.
  11. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I definitely like the idea of some of the songs you mentioned and as we don't know the first part of the setlist a few of them could still be in there but I think for once I could give the band a complete pass on setlists and rotation as the emphasis is on the JT songs. I think there will be a few early ones anyway, there's definitely a possibility with the structure we saw that they're thinking of doing only pre JT in the first set, then JT before the post JT encore, I think that's quite a simple but effective idea.
  12. That would be too good to be true.
    I am missing a warhorse here, so not likely to happen.