1. A setlist comprised entirely of pre-1990 tracks would be fine with me. There's more than enough quality in there.
  2. I expect that Introduction To Songs Of Experience for sure will play a role in this setlist, followed by a complete new SoE song
  3. In other words, the new album will be presented in this JT tour, will be a nice bridge
  4. I say they'll open with pre JT, then lead into the album, and finish with post JT.

I'd still prefer nothing post JT this time around, but it's looking more and more like my wish won't come true.
  5. I'm almost 100% certain that they will play songs like Vertigo, Elevation, Beautiful Day every night. And maybe the opening song will be Desire.
  6. Originally posted by Koos1984:I'm almost 100% certain that they will play songs like Vertigo, Elevation, Beautiful Day every night. And maybe the opening song will be Desire.
    let us give those 1st three songs a rest please!!!!
  7. I agree, but it is very unlikely U2 will give these songs a rest. I'm sorry, but I also expect playedtodeath versions of I Will Follow and Pride every night. And perhaps enoughalready and yawn versions of Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One in the encore. But I don't want to spoil the fun. Anyway I'm looking forward to the tour.
  8. It could end up being a setlist pretty close to the I&E tour but instead of the SOI songs they replace them with the JT tracks that weren't played. Obviously order would be different.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:It could end up being a setlist pretty close to the I&E tour but instead of the SOI songs they replace them with the JT tracks that weren't played. Obviously order would be different.
    I guess this is very likely. And maybe close to the setlist of iHeart and Dreamfest.
  10. I expect that "Pride" will contain that Martin Luther King Jr. speech again. I just found out yesterday that Paul McCartney used that speech in concert as early as 1990, during "Fool On The Hill".
  11. A Celebration as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    Like A Song as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    Disappearing Act as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    The TJT b-sides as a comment to the..,
    You know, almost anything could go as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation - if there's a will, there's a way. What a dream tour if we could hear some of their finest gems together with The Joshua Tree - this is the chance to really be relevant, surprising and give this tour a legend status!
  12. Originally posted by Hole:A Celebration as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    Like A Song as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    Disappearing Act as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation.
    The TJT b-sides as a comment to the..,
    You know, almost anything could go as a comment to the new Trump/Putin situation - if there's a will, there's a way. What a dream tour if we could hear some of their finest gems together with The Joshua Tree - this is the chance to really be relevant, surprising and give this tour a legend status!
    I think it would be pretty cool if they used a song like Heartland as an encore opener to point out the positive picture of the U.S. I dont want to turn this into another politics thread so I accept people are divided on opinions at the moment but surely optism for the future is the way to go whether that be in 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. It's going to be quite powerful and intense stuff during the JT set, the overall theme of the album certainly has a hard seriousness to it so they optimistic notes ringing out at the beginning of heartland would be powerful. Unless of course you hate heartland and disagree with everything I've said lol.