1. Exit (snippet) / Zoo Station
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Sure! I love its inclusion in The Joshua Tree Deluxe Editions and how it segues into Trip Through Your Wires, it just fits the theme and sound of the album so much.

Very good. Obviously it could work if they are going for a Achtung Baby themed encore...
  3. It all depends on how they're structuring the set, if they do want to have a sort of post JT theme for the encore then there's no better song, obviously Rattle and hum came after the JT but the contrast in sound between the JT set and then post JT couldn't be made more clearly than with Zoo station. I would also prefer it to any of the other achtung baby songs we've heard on the I&E tour. However I think they might go down the route of early songs to start, JT in full then either rattle and hum songs or a few of the hits post JT i.e. Beautiful day, one, vertigo, desire. I think they'll finish with 40 though. Who knows, I'd rather zoo station and the fly to follow the JT set than have the hits although as I've said before the ultimate for me would be Heartland as the encore opener.
  4. I really do not understand why they would do that - it also wouldn't really work.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It all depends on how they're structuring the set, if they do want to have a sort of post JT theme for the encore then there's no better song, obviously Rattle and hum came after the JT but the contrast in sound between the JT set and then post JT couldn't be made more clearly than with Zoo station. I would also prefer it to any of the other achtung baby songs we've heard on the I&E tour. However I think they might go down the route of early songs to start, JT in full then either rattle and hum songs or a few of the hits post JT i.e. Beautiful day, one, vertigo, desire. I think they'll finish with 40 though. Who knows, I'd rather zoo station and the fly to follow the JT set than have the hits although as I've said before the ultimate for me would be Heartland as the encore opener.
    Good points, I think it'll be taking a risk to go Rattle and Hum with the Encore, if they're going to play the likes of One, Mysterious Ways then they may as well make a good stab at a AB encore, it'll be interesting, or maybe even Zoo Station to open!!
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:[..]
    Good points, I think it'll be taking a risk to go Rattle and Hum with the Encore, if they're going to play the likes of One, Mysterious Ways then they may as well make a good stab at a AB encore, it'll be interesting, or maybe even Zoo Station to open!!
    I'd definitely take zoo station to open, I don't know how people would feel about that though in terms of fitting in with the tour but I think it's a great song so I'd be happy. In terms of the Rattle and Hum encore I do think heartland maybe would be a risky option but I'd expect them to do more along the lines of desire, angel of Harlem, and all I want is you. Maybe even in that order with 40 to close, that's all well known songs. It's complete guess work just now though.
  7. Hey, if the encore is the three R&H hits followed by 40, I'll go home happy - I'll definitely take it over those four songs Grammy-winning songs that all need a rest.

I'm really not expecting that much on this tour in terms of "surprise songs" - I've accepted that and am okay with it. Heck, let's just have a great evening belting out some classic 1980's hits.

Ah, nostalgia!
  8. Just give me Hawkmoon to open.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:Hey, if the encore is the three R&H hits followed by 40, I'll go home happy - I'll definitely take it over those four songs Grammy-winning songs that all need a rest.

I'm really not expecting that much on this tour in terms of "surprise songs" - I've accepted that and am okay with it. Heck, let's just have a great evening belting out some classic 1980's hits.

Ah, nostalgia!
    I'm the same I'll take anything in the setlist, I do think the band will see the second half of the JT as the rarities which they are to be fair so it might be all well known songs besides that. I'd be happy enough with that encore I suggested as all I want is you is a song I've never seen live in person, out of all the songs I've not heard that might be the most realistic to make the setlist along with out of control and the 6 JT songs I've not seen live. I'm almost looking forward to opening night now as much as the gig I'm going to just to see what they're going to do, and hopefully to download the gig, obviously red hill mining town is one I'm desperate to hear live.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'm the same I'll take anything in the setlist, I do think the band will see the second half of the JT as the rarities which they are to be fair so it might be all well known songs besides that. I'd be happy enough with that encore I suggested as all I want is you is a song I've never seen live in person, out of all the songs I've not heard that might be the most realistic to make the setlist along with out of control and the 6 JT songs I've not seen live. I'm almost looking forward to opening night now as much as the gig I'm going to just to see what they're going to do, and hopefully to download the gig, obviously red hill mining town is one I'm desperate to hear live.
    I'm really want to avoid this setlist topic once the tour begins. It'd be great for once to watch a show (a U2 show, that is) where I have no idea what's coming next.

Er, I guess I will know 10 upcoming songs as soon as the break into Streets.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I'm really want to avoid this setlist topic once the tour begins. It'd be great for once to watch a show (a U2 show, that is) where I have no idea what's coming next.

I'd like to be able to avoid it but I'll be far to tempted, and as you say nearly half the setlist won't be a surprise anyway. I'm still expecting maybe one or two song changes when they come to twickenham with it being the first night in Europe and to change the theme slightly. It might not be a change for the better though as I think the U.S. shows tend to feature more rarities than the European shows, certainly as a whole anyway.
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

One month and a half of U2 blackout? C'mon, you know that's a pipe dream