1. Yeah, you're right. There'll be absolutely no way I can resist "checking out" for that length of time.

Now if I lived on the other side of my country (which would make my wife EXTREMELY happy, by the way) it wouldn't be an issue. Come to think of it, they started the last tour in Vancouver as well, didn't they?

Also, seeing that I already know about half the setlist, this tour might not be the one to hold out on - plus I'm sure I'll get talking to some other concert goers who will have already seem a show (or have already checked out previous setlists) and they might spill the beans while we waiting for the concert to begin!
  2. I'll be going blackout!

The ONLY thing I'll want to know beforehand is whether or not JT is played in sequence, because I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not. I'll probably flip a message to Sergio or something to find out

But it'll be hard. Not because I won't be able to help checking, but because these things just leak into my world whether I like it or not (twitter, instagram, etc.)
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'll be going blackout!

The ONLY thing I'll want to know beforehand is whether or not JT is played in sequence, because I don't want to get my hopes up if it's not. I'll probably flip a message to Sergio or something to find out

But it'll be hard. Not because I won't be able to help checking, but because these things just leak into my world whether I like it or not (twitter, instagram, etc.)
    You're a better man than me. I have zero will power.
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I'll be going blackout!

I trust you - basically bc I know you've done it before! I'll troll you on the response to that PM; you can count on me. Promised.
  5. Once upon a time I was following live
    But now I think I'm being smart
    There's nothing I can know
    A total eclipse of U2start

I'll be going blackout too.
  6. Originally posted by iTim:Once upon a time I was following live
    But now I think I'm being smart
    There's nothing I can know
    A total eclipse of U2start

I'll be going blackout too.
    hahahaha, incredible

There's no way I can avoid setlists or videos from May 12th to Jul 22nd so I'll just give up from night one, no excuses, no pipe dreams.
  7. I did the blackout on the last tour until I saw them in NYC. It was a little tough but not too bad. I had no idea what they would play until the show. It made it a lot of fun.

For this tour, I'm taking the easy way out and making the trek to Vancouver. I will blackout though once they start rehearsing.
  8. Originally posted by lestertriplett87:I did the blackout on the last tour until I saw them in NYC. It was a little tough but not too bad. I had no idea what they would play until the show. It made it a lot of fun.

For this tour, I'm taking the easy way out and making the trek to Vancouver. I will blackout though once they start rehearsing.
    I knew a guy who thought the same about 360, made his way out of forums and social media during the whole fortnight of rehearsals in Barcelona, also managed to ignore the friend conversations about the songs that were to be played... and when he got to Camp Nou the night before of the show in order to queue, the band played the dress rehearsal (which, for the first time in U2's tour history, was exactly the same as the opening night setlist) at full volume and the poor guy ate it all
  9. Good luck to those trying to avoid setlists/spoilers.

I'll be here on opening night. Good job the show is on a Friday (early Saturday here in Europe). Just over a month now!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I knew a guy who thought the same about 360, made his way out of forums and social media during the whole fortnight of rehearsals in Barcelona, also managed to ignore the friend conversations about the songs that were to be played... and when he got to Camp Nou the night before of the show in order to queue, the band played the dress rehearsal (which, for the first time in U2's tour history, was exactly the same as the opening night setlist) at full volume and the poor guy ate it all
    Haha I'm actually worried about that. I get into Vancouver the night before and I'm staying fairly close to the stadium. I hope I can avoid it!
  11. I'm betting - and actually hoping - they'll play Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad, and "40". It's a Joshua Tree Tour, and those songs - especially Pride and Bad - just feel almost like they belong to the Joshua Tree Tour than to their actual era. It'd be weird to have a JT set without them. Other than that, I'm not all that hopeful for much variety (hell, we're getting five songs that have barely if ever been played since 1987, one that hasn't been played since 2005, and one that hasn't been played ever - that's plenty of rarities!) and I see no problem with them including post-80s material. We already had a Joshua Tree Tour with 80s material, now let's see what it looks like with newer stuff too (says the guy who just insisted that it wouldn't be a Joshua Tree celebration without four other 80s songs ) It just seems so unreal to think Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and One won't appear - and again, I am totally fine with that. My biggest hope is honestly that some Songs of Innocence material will be there nightly. SOI is a great album and the band were clearly very proud of it, but since reception of it was fairly lukewarm I'm afraid they've already started to choke and give up on some of the best material they've had in years in favor of over-familiar and under-impressive stuff (looking at you, Angel of Harlem and Elevation...). If we could get California like we had at Dreamfest, well... Hey, it'd fit the America theme at least, and go nicely after Beautiful Day...
  12. Or a debut of an SOE song....