1. Yeah... I doubt that.

but it is an interesting point that live nation promotes the shows, owns ticketmaster, owns the resale ticket site and manages the bands website and fanclub... don't you think?

Like I said, I got my tickets, so I'm fine with the current system, but you do have to wonder..
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Yeah... I doubt that.

but it is an interesting point that live nation promotes the shows, owns ticketmaster, owns the resale ticket site and manages the bands website and fanclub... don't you think?

Like I said, I got my tickets, so I'm fine with the current system, but you do have to wonder..
    And often owns the venue in some cases. End to end profit.
  3. yeah, thanks. that too! forgot that one...

the ticketmaster verified "fan-to-fan" sites are what have me the most skeptical. as someone who has been going to U2 shows for 30+ years, never met a "fan" who gouged another "fan". you have an extra ticket you sell it at face value, and (if I'm the buyer, I'm adding a beer for you to the price of ticket) and then you often hang with them all through the show and develop a friendship. that's fan to fan. but maybe I'm just old school like that...
  4. I have made my peace with these reselling sites. As long as there is demand then the price of supply can be influenced. I do have issue with the reselling being facilitated by the company who initially handled the sale of the tickets. Very dubious.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:I have made my peace with these reselling sites. As long as there is demand then the price of supply can be influenced. I do have issue with the reselling being facilitated by the company who initially handled the sale of the tickets. Very dubious.
    Yes, agreed. Scalpers will always exist as long as someone is willing to pay them. But ticketmaster facilitating resales is dubious, to say the least. in this case, fan to fan could mean we're allotting a certain amount of tickets here without ever even exchanging hands with a fan/consumer...
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Yes, agreed. Scalpers will always exist as long as someone is willing to pay them. But ticketmaster facilitating resales is dubious, to say the least. in this case, fan to fan could mean we're allotting a certain amount of tickets here without ever even exchanging hands with a fan/consumer...
    That is exactly my problem with it.
    Re-selling for profit is fine, ticket is your property, if you would rather make a few bucks than see a show, go for it.
    That said, its crap for these touts/scalpers/sites to have different access to inventory than regular buyers have.
  7. i am curious
    what fees does ticketmaster put on ticket resell.
    i am wondering if they are charging the same fees the initial buyer paid.
  8. Originally posted by revjisok:i am curious
    what fees does ticketmaster put on ticket resell.
    i am wondering if they are charging the same fees the initial buyer paid.
    A seat for London 1 at £199.99 will cost the buyer an additional £36 in fees.

18% is the buyers fee. I'm not sure how much the seller pays.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Yeah... I doubt that.

The ticket vendors and promoters are essentially operating a Cartel...until it is addressed under anti competetive legislation things will not change
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    A seat for London 1 at £199.99 will cost the buyer an additional £36 in fees.

18% is the buyers fee. I'm not sure how much the seller pays.
    thanks i am wondering if this is legal in my state of maryland.atleast i dont need tickets.
  11. Scored some dope seats to Chicago 2 - this will be my view (pic taken by a random person in that section at Guns n Roses last year)

12. Hopefully the U2 show has less fat Axl!