1. I prefer 1987
  2. It's mostly 1987 Bono all around except for the verses.

I also dont like that it's "You're all that's left to hold on to" in the final chorus too, instead of "lights go down...", it sucks.

You know what I'm fearing? That they might use pre-recorded vocals for the choruses on the live performances

Why "rework" something that clearly doesnt need any reworking, even worse, if the result is going to be less great that the original?

#NegativeSundayMode
  3. This makes me wonder about the remaining 2017 mixes.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's mostly 1987 Bono all around except for the verses.

I also dont like that it's "You're all that's left to hold on to" in the final chorus too, instead of "lights go down...", it sucks.

You know what I'm fearing? That they might use pre-recorded vocals for the choruses on the live performances

Why "rework" something that clearly doesnt need any reworking, even worse, if the result is going to be less great that the original?

#NegativeSundayMode
    There's no way Bono's lip-synching.
  5. the chorus was the part I was most excited about and it's still the old version during that part? duh.

(I'm listening to it right now, not finished the song yet)
  6. the last bit is really nice... if they do that live.. "all that's left to hold on to" back and forth, between bono and edge, that'll be epic.
  7. This is an excellent mix I must say. Loving those horns. I don't think the choruses are 100% 1987 Bono either, I think there's quite a bit of studio trickery there as I think there is a form of 2017 Bono in the chorus. The outro is very good also, all in all it's a great 2017 mix of a great Joshua Tree song
  8. Quite possibly the very worst thing I've ever heard from a u2 release. Way too much going on. Layered guitars, awful horns and synths. It's just all over the place. Bono is basically speaking the verses. Chorus sounds like modern Bono and it's the only saving grace for the whole track. Rubbish.
  9. I'm also fearing that they use pre-recorded vocals like Justin Bieber on the live performances. #NegativeSundayMode
  10. if the chorus is indeed 87' bono, then it'll be all the more exciting to hear him master it live... though the question remains why they mixed the old version in there at all.
  11. First impression: the song now got a remix matching the video...
    I like the extra guitar during the second verse, though: always thought RHMT was the only song on The Joshua Tree that wasn't finished in the production. This remix makes it better. And worse.