2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. Did anyone use the "paperless tickets" that Ticketmaster was selling during the fan pre-sales in North Americas?

Was this the reason it took a long time to get people into the venue?
  2. I just watched the whole show in sequence on the U2gigs play list on you tube and I think it works well. It does need one more released song to close it though. I can't see much space for set list rotation apart from maybe the first two songs.
  3. Just close with 40
    Why fight it
  4. If you want to listen to the full show through Sil Rigote's mixlr, download it here. Disclaimer: it's only 1 mp3 file. Many thanks to Sil and to adrien73 for recording it and submit it to us.
  5. If it has to be a post - Joshua Tree song there are a few good choices too. All I want is you, Love is blindness, Moment of surrender
  6. I really hope I will follow makes at least one appearance to keep it's every tour record
  7. north american crowds sucks....
  8. I'm not one to post all that much if at all over the many many years of being a fan, but with all the comments about the opening night, I feel that all the comments around the internet are about how the band giving a lackluster performance. But what about the crowd? I've always felt that a band or any performer rather, feeds off the crowd and gives back a little more. For me, it's also the crowd in attendance that makes a show great. In my personal experience, I find a lackluster crowd = band just going through the motions and not giving it their all.

I was not in attendance for this though but I have been to over at least 50 U2 shows so I guess...I don't know... It's all coming from the fact that it's been bothering me for some time now, to see such a large number of people in attendance watching the shows through their phones these days or worse...sitting down. I for one never pull out my phone during a gig and jump, sing and let it all out. I guess times have changed and even bands these days make comments about the sea of phones out in the audience. I think even Bono on 1 of the IE nights in Montreal, told a fan who was brought up on stage to live the moment and not photogragh it. I even recently went to a Green Day show and Armstrong even told a fan "If you are looking through your phone, then you aren't looking at me"

Don't get me wrong, from the bottom of my heart I am truly truly greatful to all the tapers and filmers over the many tours. It has brought me great joy to have such a large collection of audio shows. It's just something I had to get off my chest that's been bottled up for a few years.

At the end of the day, a boisterous, loud audience gives a band that energy boost to make a great show a night to remember.
  9. I think they can add a couple songs to the main set before JT. I think a couple boy tracks will show up there at some point.
  10. Great version but not a really well known track amongst casual U2 fans.