2017-05-24 - Houston
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by Caledonia:Together with the TJT album itself, ASoH was the very last thing that needed to be dropped from the setlist, and I'll be sad if its gone for good.

I can't imagine it's been a struggle for Bono to sing, it's always sounded really polished etc., and it fits that part of the show so well, and is a nice treat for most fans - sure there will be a small percentage of casuals who might not know it, but so what.
    I guess it might be the same portion of fans who don't know much of the b-sides of The Joshua Tree, or Ultra Violet for that matter.
  2. Dear U2,
    I'm usually very reluctant with set list complaints. You are playing the Joshua Tree in full and that is truly awesum. It's what you said you'll do and it should be maintained for all upcoming shows.
    Makes sense to dress it up with some hits. SBS and NYD are well known and I'm sure that all of us can enjoy a good NYD anytime, anywhere...sort of. Personally I really like the new Beautiful Day arrangement and it's a strong crowd pleaser as well. Always been a big fan of UV and I sure hope you'll keep it every night. Really like the new song and I don't mind Pride being played ever night - or even Elevation (what the heck...just rock it out!)
    Miss Sarajevo...I think is a bit over due and I don't really see the relevance for the US. But well, can't have anything, I guess.

BUT...playing A Sort Of Homecoming for a few shows and then DROPPING it is unethical. It's bullying the die hard fans who have been supporting the band for all those years. Now this has to stop! Bring back ASOH and gives us one more song at the end - like I Will Follow, Out Of Control or 11 O'Clock. Then we're all just good.

Also...but not having heard this Houston show...I kinda feel that the spirits are not as up as they were on the I+e tour. Hard times, I get that. But I thought that we were resilient. Like PRIDE IN THE NAME OF LOVE... (as if the 80-ies were all sugar and spice...not!)
    C'MON boys...don't let the bastards grind U2 down!

Yours truly and faithful fan since when Sunday Bloody Sunday was on MTV,
    BigGiRL

3. Agree 100%.

The current setlist of 21/22 songs is U2 unworthy.
  4. yep lazy and almost 4 songs less than usual, 2 hours instead 2 and half of soi tour
  5. Right so U2. If you only want to play a partial set because you're lazy how about NYD, ASOH & TJT (13 songs) & stop arsing around with Ms Sarajevo !!
  6. Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:Honestly guys, what did you expect from this tour, beyond JT in its entirely? I expected setlits similiar to the Glastonbury's one, full of hits only. The fact they're playing songs like MS or Little Things it's a miracle in its own. Yes, ASOH is way better than the whole encore but anyway, at least they played it 4 times! Isn't good enough?

No!
  7. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Dear U2,
    I'm usually very reluctant with set list complaints. You are playing the Joshua Tree in full and that is truly awesum. It's what you said you'll do and it should be maintained for all upcoming shows.
    Makes sense to dress it up with some hits. SBS and NYD are well known and I'm sure that all of us can enjoy a good NYD anytime, anywhere...sort of. Personally I really like the new Beautiful Day arrangement and it's a strong crowd pleaser as well. Always been a big fan of UV and I sure hope you'll keep it every night. Really like the new song and I don't mind Pride being played ever night - or even Elevation (what the heck...just rock it out!)
    Miss Sarajevo...I think is a bit over due and I don't really see the relevance for the US. But well, can't have anything, I guess.

BUT...playing A Sort Of Homecoming for a few shows and then DROPPING it is unethical. It's bullying the die hard fans who have been supporting the band for all those years. Now this has to stop! Bring back ASOH and gives us one more song at the end - like I Will Follow, Out Of Control or 11 O'Clock. Then we're all just good.

Also...but not having heard this Houston show...I kinda feel that the spirits are not as up as they were on the I+e tour. Hard times, I get that. But I thought that we were resilient. Like PRIDE IN THE NAME OF LOVE... (as if the 80-ies were all sugar and spice...not!)
    C'MON boys...don't let the bastards grind U2 down!

Yours truly and faithful fan since when Sunday Bloody Sunday was on MTV,
    BigGiRL

Can you somehow get this letter to the band?!?
  8. #prayforASOH
  9. WTF

RIP ASOH
  10. As much as U (and many others) have appreciated this site over the years, do the band members check it out? Not sure.

Got a get a good old fashion ...."protest" (not quite the word I'm looking for but I dare not say "petition") going on and let the band know what the fans want!