2017-06-07 - Pittsburgh
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It's kinda hard to approach a gig like that. On the one hand it's kinda disheartening to see more than 1/3 of the stadium empty but on the other I think it would make me want to rock even harder for the ones that did attend.
    yeah... two ways to look at it, for sure.

but... you can still rock out while playing the lazy set!
  2. Strange that the 360 show sold out 6 years ago in the same venue... we aren't at Jacksonville or Minneapolis POPMART levels yet.
  3. Originally posted by zooropa93:Strange that the 360 show sold out 6 years ago in the same venue... we aren't at Jacksonville or Minneapolis POPMART levels yet.
    Pittsburgh was not sold out on 360.
  4. Yeah there was some weird figures getting branded about for supposedly sold out shows. For example if you go by Wikipedia I think every 360 gig was a sell out but Hampden Park had just over 50000 in attendance, however for the vertigo tour which obviously allowed less space because of the stage design there was 55000 in attendance. I was at both and the 360 show whilst not a poor turn out was definitely not sold out either. It just be a case of holding tickets back seeing how sales are going and if it's looking unlikely they'll sell a significant amount more they can just not release any more tickets and call it a sell out.
  5. Well must have been close to selling out as I read that demand was high due to it being the original last show of the tour.
  6. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Well must have been close to selling out as I read that demand was high due to it being the original last show of the tour.
    55,823 according to Wikipedia. Bearing in mind there was 67,000 capacity for last night and 360 allowed for a greater capacity I'd say it was still fairly empty.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    55,823 according to Wikipedia. Bearing in mind there was 67,000 capacity for last night and 360 allowed for a greater capacity I'd say it was still fairly empty.
    You always have to check who the source of the numbers are. Numbers can be skewed.
  8. True, sometimes the best idea is to look at photos or being there in person to look around you. I'm sure there is some pictures out there of Pittsburgh during show time where there was a lot of empty seats. Hampden definitely wasn't sold out having been there but Brussels for example was absolutely packed, probably the most packed shows I've attended.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    True, sometimes the best idea is to look at photos or being there in person to look around you. I'm sure there is some pictures out there of Pittsburgh during show time where there was a lot of empty seats. Hampden definitely wasn't sold out having been there but Brussels for example was absolutely packed, probably the most packed shows I've attended.
    Pictures can be deceiving, too, though... Some of the 360 shows you could look down at the floor and the way it was set up you'd swear it wasn't sold out...
  10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Pictures can be deceiving, too, though... Some of the 360 shows you could look down at the floor and the way it was set up you'd swear it wasn't sold out...
    That's a good point also, I wonder if it comes down to health and safety for ga capacity. I'm convinced the laws here in Scotland are stricter even than England and definitely compared to some European countries, sometimes there's far too much space available on the floor.