2017-06-07 - Pittsburgh
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. No - Pittsburgh has a medium sized amphitheater type venue about 45 minutes outside of town (Locals will know "Starlake" since the naming rights have been redone so many times) but it is certainly not a U2 worth or capable sight. PNC park for the Pirates has held a precious few shows, but again is not suited for music. The rest of the outdoor facilities are really smaller and suited for first album/new bands... and then there are the PPG Paints Arena for the Penguins and Peterson Events Center for Pitt which are decent but not for the outside stadium extravaganza....

I know a few people heading to DC for those shows, and last time around I headed to Toronto myself....
  2. Originally posted by aserapig:No - Pittsburgh has a medium sized amphitheater type venue about 45 minutes outside of town (Locals will know "Starlake" since the naming rights have been redone so many times) but it is certainly not a U2 worth or capable sight. PNC park for the Pirates has held a precious few shows, but again is not suited for music. The rest of the outdoor facilities are really smaller and suited for first album/new bands... and then there are the PPG Paints Arena for the Penguins and Peterson Events Center for Pitt which are decent but not for the outside stadium extravaganza....

I know a few people heading to DC for those shows, and last time around I headed to Toronto myself....
    And Toronto essentially gets a 2nd show this tour with Buffalo being added!
  3. Originally posted by aserapig:No - Pittsburgh has a medium sized amphitheater type venue about 45 minutes outside of town (Locals will know "Starlake" since the naming rights have been redone so many times) but it is certainly not a U2 worth or capable sight. PNC park for the Pirates has held a precious few shows, but again is not suited for music. The rest of the outdoor facilities are really smaller and suited for first album/new bands... and then there are the PPG Paints Arena for the Penguins and Peterson Events Center for Pitt which are decent but not for the outside stadium extravaganza....

Thanks for the information, I still find it the most bizarre thing that they really struggle to sell out in Pittsburgh, I've yet to see any real reason for it.
  4. 9hrs to go? I thought it was tomorrow?
  5. The good news: I got a job!
    The bad news: The job is 2.5 hours away from DC where I was hoping to go for TJT and starts the same day as the DC show.
    The best news: Tickets to this show were only $35 for lower bowl with "obstructed view" - while tickets to the DC show are currently being resold for $250 in the upper bowl way worth the 5 hour drive!
  6. Show is Wednesday -
  7. Anyone with any answers to the question of when the opening act starts????

I am hearing the main set starts around 8:30 to 9 with darkening skies.... but what does that mean for Lumineers? 6:30ish?
  8. Just in case anyone wants to know - got a line from a vendor who has suite tickets - opening act is on an "official" itinerary at 7pm
  9. For those multitudes coming from out of town - this is the middle of the Pittsburgh Arts Festival - all around downtown with many free events and much in the way of food trucks and other vendors - right across the river from the stadium and walkable...