2017-06-20 - Landover
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. I'm ready, ready for nostalgia act...
  2. Audience recording now in our show pages.
    Thanks to taper opsopcopolis for giving permission to share it here.
  3. Has there been any discussion about the distortion on Bono's mic throughout this tour? Noticed it quite a lot last night and was told today that most of the tour has been like that
  4. Originally posted by opsopcopolis:Has there been any discussion about the distortion on Bono's mic throughout this tour? Noticed it quite a lot last night and was told today that most of the tour has been like that
    When he speaks
  5. Originally posted by opsopcopolis:I'm sure this is a long shot, but do we know of anybody planning on recording tonight's show? I have my gear with me at work, just not sure I want to deal with the security and my seat isn't in the best location for it

Thanks for finally deciding to deal with security and pulling a great recording
  6. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:[..]

I'm that Zoo Station advocate (or at least one of them)...I mean...follow up playing the Joshua Tree with the first sounds of 4 lads cutting it down, right? Just too easy.

I repeating myself but I think the encore is flawed because it doesn't fit into the first two parts of the show...pre-JT...JT...and...woman/future? Nothing against women, I think it should just be an encore about their response to JT...in other words, just songs from Achtung, Zooropa, and Pop. (ATYCLB and on were a reaction to those albums...keep em away). You got a solid show there.

ANYWAY. Yes. Zoo Station as encore opener. Big fan of that idea that will never happen...

Interesting idea...has there ever been any discussion thus far about why no Rattle and Hum songs are featured in the encore? I'd rather have 90s material (and we do have some, with MS, UV/MW, One...), don't get me wrong. Maybe they are avoiding R&H because they see that as the album where they over-reached in their whole embrace of American roots music/mythology?
  7. This was my only show to catch them on this tour. It was great. My favorite part was getting see songs that I never thought I'd get see live...the ones they used to save for special occasions (Bad, Mothers of the Disappeared, One Tree Hill, etc.).

There were technical problems, though. Bono's mic went out at one point, LED screen panel out in the beginning (which they quickly fixed), the signal from Edge's guitar intermittently going out (e.g., at the beginning of One), and the mid to high range stage right speakers sounded blown out (unintentional distortion) throughout the show which made Bono's voice and Edge's guitar sound awful at times (e.g., opening guitar notes of WOWY....it was so bad Edge stopped playing for a few seconds and then continued). Not sure if it was the actual speakers or some other audio problem, but several times Bono looked up at the speakers with an irritated look on his face. This was my 10th time seeing U2 live since Zoo TV tour, and this had the poorest sound quality.
  8. I was there last night in DC too. GA. I waited most of the day #432 but had to wait for my wife to get in (credit card entry) ended up 5 back on the b stage. whew! excited ...and ready for this show.

And it was fantastic. I had never been to a show with video projections like this and it was stunning (sadly the last time I saw U2 was on the original Joshua Tree Tour). More importantly Bono really showed himself to be a master performer. He gets so much shit for his politics and save the world stuff but he can perform and really make a stadium as big and dumb as Fedex Field into a tight community... where I was it felt like the tens of thousands in the stadium hung on every word and note played. It was intense, emotional and a powerful assertion of decency and old fashioned American values (welcoming to immigrants, traditions of struggle - civil rights, women's rights).. The humanity of the music and the videos was really striking.

Joshua Tree was stunning not to mention opening the show on the b stage with some of their best songs (Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years' Day, Bad, Pride)... Loved Exit, Bullet the Blue Sky was super intense and Running to Stand Still had these quiet moments where the stadium was silent listening to the Edge's keyboard notes. On RHMT -- Adam sitting next to the drum kit like they are in some practice space, Edge on keys.. was great.

So happy I went. the feeling today when I woke up - the buzz.. Excited for more U2 tours. And my wife who thought I was nuts for being so excited for the show and going early to wait out the hot sunny day in the GA line(s) thanked me repeatedly after the show.
  9. Originally posted by Jinx4:I was there last night in DC too. GA. I waited most of the day #432 but had to wait for my wife to get in (credit card entry) ended up 5 back on the b stage. whew! excited ...and ready for this show.

And it was fantastic. I had never been to a show with video projections like this and it was stunning (sadly the last time I saw U2 was on the original Joshua Tree Tour). More importantly Bono really showed himself to be a master performer. He gets so much shit for his politics and save the world stuff but he can perform and really make a stadium as big and dumb as Fedex Field into a tight community... where I was it felt like the tens of thousands in the stadium hung on every word and note played. It was intense, emotional and a powerful assertion of decency and old fashioned American values (welcoming to immigrants, traditions of struggle - civil rights, women's rights).. The humanity of the music and the videos was really striking.

Joshua Tree was stunning not to mention opening the show on the b stage with some of their best songs (Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years' Day, Bad, Pride)... Loved Exit, Bullet the Blue Sky was super intense and Running to Stand Still had these quiet moments where the stadium was silent listening to the Edge's keyboard notes. On RHMT -- Adam sitting next to the drum kit like they are in some practice space, Edge on keys.. was great.

So happy I went. the feeling today when I woke up - the buzz.. Excited for more U2 tours. And my wife who thought I was nuts for being so excited for the show and going early to wait out the hot sunny day in the GA line(s) thanked me repeatedly after the show.
    Wow! Sounds like you had an excellent night!

Who knows, you might be able to catch the tour again this autumn...