2017-06-23 - Toronto
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

They also played a song from Songs of Experience, so you might want to head for the IEM-AUD matrix of Vancouver
    Thank you good sir! Same one they played on Kimmel I presume?
  2. magic 8 ball says:see popmart for your answer!

3. I just got to get myself back to post concert normalcy. Last night may very well have been the best concert (from any band...yes, even "them") I've ever been to. However, have a bit of a hangover today and bit sad it's over - but it was great anyway - so I will write more when I'm feeling energized.

Buffalo? Maybe.
  4. I saw them in Pittsburgh and thought it was great. Last night in Toronto was insanely good from the start. So much energy from the band and the crowd who were uncharacteristically boisterous, dancing and crazy. Bad with Suzanne and then Hallelujah in the closing, was one of the highlights of my concert life of 45 years. I could go on and on, but the sound system was super with the roof open, the crowd rocked and it could have gone on all night. What a memory!
  5. I'm not saying they shouldn't play Mysterious Ways at all but Ultra Violet is WAY more fitting for the tribute to women montage.

UV is also a better tune.
  6. I'm sorry that ASOH is almost gone for good (likely gets played in NYC) but you can't knock that setlist as a concert attendee. So much energy. So much fun. Even Elevation and Vertigo were outstanding.
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:I'm sorry that ASOH is almost gone for good (likely gets played in NYC) but you can't knock that setlist as a concert attendee. So much energy. So much fun. Even Elevation and Vertigo were outstanding.
    I think it's the fact it was played in the first place then dropped that has annoyed a few folk, me included to an extent. However I'm still happy about what they're playing as a whole despite my views on what they could change.
  8. Don't post very often but read the forum almost every day.

I was at the show in Toronto last night. This was my fifth time seeing U2 (two on 360 and two on I+E as I'm probably one of their younger fans) and it was by far the best. From start to finish the energy was high, the band was tight, and the song selection was perfect (even though I would have liked to hear ASOH and Little Things).

What I loved about it is that this show is about the SONGS. Obviously the 8K screen and the visuals/movies are amazing, but I really felt as if it was the music that carried the show. Bad, Streets, Red Hill, Exit, MOTD, Miss Sarajevo, BD, Elevation, Vertigo, Ultraviolet, One and I Will Follow were all standouts (oops, just named the entire encore - goes to show how good it was!). I'd only listened to Vancouver going in to last night (and was honestly prepared to be disappointed), and the whole thing was just so much better than I'd expected.

When i heard about this tour i thought it was a moneygrab and that U2 were confining themselves to the realms of nostalgia. After last night, any doubts about their reasoning for touring are gone. Yes, it could still be considered a nostalgia show due to the fact that the most recent song they played was 13 years old (my only complaint about the show), but it was a great one at that.

Overall, absolutely unreal. Almost had me in tears 3-4 times. 10/10
  9. Sounds like they've taken it up a level. Toronto judging by the reviews is the best show of this tour so far.