2017-06-23 - Toronto
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Think I've watched that Bad video like 10 times today. Hits me in the gut every time. What a song, what a band
  2. Bad has to be top 5 U2 song ever. Since live Aid that song just puts hairs on back of my neck always

3. From father to son...

So special to have been able to take my son Joshua to the concert last night. He was named after The Joshua Tree album because my wife wouldn't let me name him Bono.

What a show! I've been keeping up with the setlists since the launch of he tour in Vancouver and I have been vocal about the lack of setlist changes and the usual encores of Beautiful Day and Elevation but last night's show was simply amazing!

When a concert begins with SBS, NYD, Bad, Pride, Streets, ISHFWILF and With Or Without You what more can be said? Seven warhorses back to back! My son just sat back and took it all in. Singing along to the chorus of ISHFWILF! So cute!

The screen was amazing and the little videos that accompanied the songs were very simplistic but very compelling. I loved hearing RTSS for the first time. Some people complained about The Edge not playing the guitar and doing it on piano but it was beautiful. The first song as well to show live shots of the band and not an Anton home movie.

Bono looks and sounds better on this tour in my opinion than I&E. He was in great spirits and while he did mix in the politics it wasn't as 'preachy' as the Vertigo tour. Loved the introduction to Side Two! Favourite song of the night was Exit. Bono returns as a darker version of the Mirror Ball Man. The power of sound U2 creates is incredible and I wish they would sometimes bring that 'heavier' sound.

Didn't care for Miss Sarajevo. I mean if they are going to do that song then Bono needs to sing the opera part. The link between Woman's Rights and Ultraviolet is a little bit of a stretch but love hearing one of my faves from Achtung Baby.

The next three songs I know that I hated seeing them in the setlist but just singing along with the other 50K+ they are incredible. The visuals to BD were stunning. I liked the nod back to the Elevation Tour for Elevation for the screen broken into 4 separate images of the band. Then the video screen for Vertigo was insane! Also loved the 'It's only rock and roll' snippet!

To have One close the show on the I&E Tour left a little to be desired. I think it was because they did the crowd singalong. Having the 'Hear then coming' snippet made it a great closing song.

I then looked down at my son. Passed out. Made it to Vertigo. Lol! I tried to wake him when I heard Bono say 'One more?!' Told The Edge to get his Explorer and those chords of I Will Follow echoed in the open air of the Rogers Centre. The crowd went nuts!

Been to 14 U2 concerts over the past 20 years but something about last night's concert was something very special. Not sure if it was because I brought my son, they played the The Joshua Tree album in full or if was because they were back in a stadium but this is truly a band that is still on fire.

Look forward to Cleveland next weekend.
  4. I have no clue where they got "FedEx Field" from, but could an admin change the venue location to the proper "Rogers Centre" or "Skydome" or something remotely sensible?
  5. Originally posted by roseman:I have no clue where they got "FedEx Field" from, but could an admin change the venue location to the proper "Rogers Centre" or "Skydome" or something remotely sensible?
    Done.
  6. Originally posted by roseman:I have no clue where they got "FedEx Field" from, but could an admin change the venue location to the proper "Rogers Centre" or "Skydome" or something remotely sensible?
    FedEx Field is in Detroit, I think. Just four hours away!
    Nope. Ford Field is in Detroit. FedEx Field is in Dallas.
  7. Awesome! I tried to upload photos from last night a few times, but keep getting a "something has gone wrong" error. I'll try again tomorrow. Still buzzing from the show last night! What an experience!
  8. The setlist above also miss represents Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen by putting the U2 B side in it's place.
  9. Yeah I should report that to U2gigs (where we get our setlists from). Although he just sang the word Hallelujah though so technically he could've snippeted a dozen songs.

I'll fix it though

Update: Fixed.
  10. Originally posted by AMLBONO:[image]
    From father to son...

So special to have been able to take my son Joshua to the concert last night. He was named after The Joshua Tree album because my wife wouldn't let me name him Bono.

[...]

Been to 14 U2 concerts over the past 20 years but something about last night's concert was something very special. Not sure if it was because I brought my son, they played the The Joshua Tree album in full or if was because they were back in a stadium but this is truly a band that is still on fire.

Look forward to Cleveland next weekend.
    Great story! I can imagine the bliss of taking your son Joshua to the JT2017 tour
    And judging from the reports and those first videos, this show was truly something else