2017-06-28 - East Rutherford
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. We will be tailgating tomorrow around 330-4.
  2. open to all U2Start fans???????
  3. Getting kinda of thirsty right now....
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Sure, go ahead, but I agree with everyone else here, it's so different when you attend a show vs living it from far away.

So very true.

I was feeling a bit "meh" leading up to the show but when it was all said and done, I enjoyed my JT30 show more than any of my previous six U2 shows...and quite possibly more than any other show by any other band. It was awesome!
  5. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

So very true.

I was feeling a bit "meh" leading up to the show but when it was all said and done, I enjoyed my JT30 show more than any of my previous six U2 shows...and quite possibly more than any other show by any other band. It was awesome!
  6. Originally posted by bazzzz:After 37 years and more of u2 , i'm for the first time really disappointed.
    4 songs at the beginning, always the same ( ok fantastic songs but....) and the whole album JT like in a karaoke , final songs (encores too) without fantasy , no changes except rare turn over.
    I had 4 tickets for Rome 1 and 2 , all sold .
    They don't move on stage, they are not like the last tours of almost 20 years, they are sometimes boring and too commercials. Being fan means to be sometimes critic. I can't aprreciate everything they make. I think that most of you, young fans of last 20 years or less don't understand what they really are , now they are older and they try to find more success in the easiest way. I wait for the new album and the next new tour of SOE hoping it will be like in 2015 with SOI. They created a lot, they made a wonderful tour. I post the link of a good critic opinion of a great canadian media. And i'm agree , they are good but not u2, no energy, no fantasy, 6 of 10 is the right way to judge. I'm sorry but IMHO. Still fan of u2, but for Joshua Tree tour i understand the fantastic night with Big Audio Dynamite and Pretenders openers in Rome stadio Flaminio 1987. Here is the link of Exclaim Canada , not bad at all.
    http://exclaim.ca/music/article/u2-rogers_centre_toronto_on_june_23

As an "old-timer" like you, I do get where you're going in part. But having gone to see the show, it was fantastic and despite the muggy Miami night, the energy was still there.

IMHO, the only thing I would have preferred would have been to do without the video wall and use the original tour backdrop. The video wall was magnificent and creative, but at the same time restricted what little room for set list freedom there was. But you should try to catch at least 1 show.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    If only for the performance of Exit this show is worth attending. The energy, performance, visuals, choreographics and rage in this song is unlike many of the things we have seen U2 do on stage before.

This. Absolutely this.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

So very true.

Big if true
  9. Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again - people should know what they're buying into when they buy a ticket for this show. It's like when people bought tickets for The Wall and were upset when Roger Waters didn't play any other PF hits. IT'S CALLED THE WALL TOUR.

How can the second half of the album "kill momentum" when everyone should know how the second half of the album goes? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I could sit for this entire show and be incredibly happy just hearing them perform it.

Plus, that criticism is bullshit anyway. Trip, God's Country, and Exit more than maintained the momentum, in fact those parts of the set were probably more interesting and fun to hear than the other songs, because we've all heard them so many times before.

This isn't a tour where U2 are pushing new ideas or some type of agenda, it's a celebration of an album we all already know and love.

If you don't like it, don't go. U2 JUST had a tour and album like that and by the sounds of it we'll have another next year.
  10. Whoops, double post. ^^^^^^^^^
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

So very true.

That is so great to hear. I was feeling the same way. I'm getting more excited as my shows get closer. Heading to the beach to grab some surf then going to the show tonight. I'm getting excited...