2017-07-22 - Dublin
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by Timk68:The show starts at such a pace it's very hard for it to be sustained throughout . I prefer slower more melancholy endings rather than the likes of BD, Elevation and vertigo
    No way !! Ending with One kills the buzz
  2. I think the best closing trio ever is featured on the zoo tv tour. Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Love Is Blindness. As for this tour though I still loved the closing trio I saw with ultraviolet, one and the little things (technically Don't Look Back In Anger was last but that was more of a bonus) , 3 great songs.

3. Or, with a lot of Belgians in the (stage)crew, and since it is the last show of the leg, maybe in Brussels?
    (Although I really wanna hear Bad)
  4. I don't like One as an ending... Popmart was finished with Dead Man or Unchained Melody for me, I loved the Blindness/Can't Help ending of Zooropa. My favourite ending has to be WOWY/Shine/Love will tear, Bad, 40 from Glasgow 2015. I'm happy I also got Little Things as well as One at the 2 Twick shows this year.
  5. Paris will be the test.
  6. Was in Dublin last night. Its my 18th show across 30 years. It wasn't a special show but it was a very good one. I've been lucky to be at Croke 87, Point 89, RDS 93, Foxboro 97, Slane 01, London 09 and even Glasgow in 15. All nights which to me it were more than a concert and really had lift off.

However Its tough to constantly critique what U2 do because we are always looking for special nights. We have been spoilt largely by what they have achieved and how they have constantly re invented both indoor and outdoor shows. However I don't think nostalgia can give us really special nights.

The homecoming shows are often over hyped and since 01 they haven't really given us anything really different from everywhere else. Last night felt like that. Another thing to note is the age of the crowd. Like U2 and myself it must be said its largely an older crowd. Harder i feel to get an outdoor audience of that age going. I showed my wife the Croke 87 Streets into from World in Action. Wow!!

The show itself was very good. I liked the intro songs. Bad ( my favourite song by a distance) wasn't great but i cringe sometimes hearing it over the last decade considering how it was played in the early days. SBS, NYD and Pride got everyone going though. They should have played ASOH and i'm not sure it will comeback- pity though.

The Joshua Tree itself was fantastic. Running for me along with Exit and Streets were show stoppers. Running especially was one of the best versions i've heard-
    especially as its about Dublin. One Tree Hill as well was great.The whole album was great to hear especially Mothers and Red Hill which i hadn't heard before. The screen and presentation were fantastic.

Miss Sarajevo was great and as only U2 can do got us to think of others less fortunate at a rock show. The rest of the show was played to the masses and i was happy enough with that considering we got rarities within the album section. Elevation was surprisingly good but Ultra violet and B' Day less so. Finishing with a song everyone doesn't know doesn't leave everyone wanting one more. OOC or IWF would do but i accept U2 don't always play to my tune.

U2 are getting close to 60. Be thankful we have them. They are still touring and playing which is what we really want. I got to sing and dance to my favourite band. U2s very good still blows most out of the water. I really enjoyed the show and i'm hoping Amsterdam next week can have lift off!!!
  7. Originally posted by irishred:Was in Dublin last night. Its my 18th show across 30 years. It wasn't a special show but it was a very good one. I've been lucky to be at Croke 87, Point 89, RDS 93, Foxboro 97, Slane 01, London 09 and even Glasgow in 15. All nights which to me it were more than a concert and really had lift off.

However Its tough to constantly critique what U2 do because we are always looking for special nights. We have been spoilt largely by what they have achieved and how they have constantly re invented both indoor and outdoor shows. However I don't think nostalgia can give us really special nights.

The homecoming shows are often over hyped and since 01 they haven't really given us anything really different from everywhere else. Last night felt like that. Another thing to note is the age of the crowd. Like U2 and myself it must be said its largely an older crowd. Harder i feel to get an outdoor audience of that age going. I showed my wife the Croke 87 Streets into from World in Action. Wow!!

The show itself was very good. I liked the intro songs. Bad ( my favourite song by a distance) wasn't great but i cringe sometimes hearing it over the last decade considering how it was played in the early days. SBS, NYD and Pride got everyone going though. They should have played ASOH and i'm not sure it will comeback- pity though.

The Joshua Tree itself was fantastic. Running for me along with Exit and Streets were show stoppers. Running especially was one of the best versions i've heard-
    especially as its about Dublin. One Tree Hill as well was great.The whole album was great to hear especially Mothers and Red Hill which i hadn't heard before. The screen and presentation were fantastic.

Miss Sarajevo was great and as only U2 can do got us to think of others less fortunate at a rock show. The rest of the show was played to the masses and i was happy enough with that considering we got rarities within the album section. Elevation was surprisingly good but Ultra violet and B' Day less so. Finishing with a song everyone doesn't know doesn't leave everyone wanting one more. OOC or IWF would do but i accept U2 don't always play to my tune.

U2 are getting close to 60. Be thankful we have them. They are still touring and playing which is what we really want. I got to sing and dance to my favourite band. U2s very good still blows most out of the water. I really enjoyed the show and i'm hoping Amsterdam next week can have lift off!!!
    Hammer. Nail. Head.
  8. Glorious shot of the Flyover.