1. Originally posted by pleasegone:And as if that was not great enough, Prince played his own version of this a few times, but doubt it was something he would have done a great job on, kind of like when Bono was onstage with Prince and garbled the lyrics to "The Cross."
    Funny you should mention. Mike Scott heard Prince was covering his song and considered it such an honor because he had always done Purple Rain in his set...

In case you've never heard:

2. And even more weirdness, At one point, a different musician named Mike Scott was Prince's guitar player off and on in the late 90's and started to notice how I had been to so many shows, and got me in free for a ton of them, saving me some of the money I was spending following them around. I would bet my life that nobody from U2 would let me in free, lol.
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Funny you should mention. Mike Scott heard Prince was covering his song and considered it such an honor because he had always done Purple Rain in his set...

In case you've never heard:

[YouTube Video]
    That was class!
  4. Originally posted by pleasegone:And even more weirdness, At one point, a different musician named Mike Scott was Prince's guitar player off and on in the late 90's and started to notice how I had been to so many shows, and got me in free for a ton of them, saving me some of the money I was spending following them around. I would bet my life that nobody from U2 would let me in free, lol.
  5. Total. If any of you are Waterboys fans and haven't read his autobiography "Adventures of a Waterboy" you should absolutely do so!

(and even if you're not... it is a great read!)
  6. Originally posted by pleasegone:And even more weirdness, At one point, a different musician named Mike Scott was Prince's guitar player off and on in the late 90's and started to notice how I had been to so many shows, and got me in free for a ton of them, saving me some of the money I was spending following them around. I would bet my life that nobody from U2 would let me in free, lol.
    Whoa, that's pretty cool, I've heard of that kinda thing with smaller bands, but not with someone as major as Prince.
  7. Loved the Waterboys intro...BUT would have been amazinng if they had gone back to Rainy Night In Soho
  8. Had no idea what the intro song had been during the tour to now, but Whole of the Moon was an epic choice.
  9. Wow... Whole of the Moon was amazing last night at Croke. Chills
  10. Love it.
  11. Loved singing along.