1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Keep in mind that he writes vocal parts now days that suit how his voice works now days. He’ll always sound better singing a new song than an old one because the old ones were written for a young man’s voice.

The Kimmel performance is a perfect example. He sounded OKAY on still haven’t found, but fantastic when they did Little Things.
    Good point, no doubt that has to do with it.
  2. Haha, imagine that. There's some vocal takes that could indeed easily belong to the SOI sessions.

I really do wonder how much of SOE -music and lyrics- dates back from 2012-2013 and how many changes it's undergone since then.

3. It's also that studio performance is of course totally different than a live performance. The energy is different, you can rest between takes of singing the same line 20 times to find the best one, etc. Probably sitting and drinking a tea in between them, etc.
  4. Today my wife that only knows the hits heard Little Things and said that Bono's voice is terrible now.
    And I thought it sounded damn good.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Today my wife that only knows the hits heard Little Things and said that Bono's voice is terrible now.
    And I thought it sounded damn good.
    With all respect for the mother of your child... She might be retarded.
  6. Whoa, not cool!

My brother would probably make the same kind of comment, but only because he knows all too well how good Bono once sounded from me blaring bootlegs and DVDs when we both used to live at home :p

In fact he made a very similar comment about MoS shortly after NLOTH came out.
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Whoa, not cool!

My brother would probably make the same kind of comment, but only because he knows all too well how good Bono once sounded from me blaring bootlegs and DVDs when we both used to live at home :p

Glenn and I play hard and laugh hard. Don't worry.
    She only heard WOWY, One, etc. Hence the comment.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Whoa, not cool!

Chill out, I know Cesar understands it's just a joke

Seriously, his voice isn't that powerful anymore for sure, but the maturity and rawness make way for a new kind of heartfelt stories.
  9. I'm hoping we get some more 'Sinatra-esque' crooning, more laid back singing from Bono... he does it well (see the opening and closing tracks of Songs of Experience). Which, by the way, Sinatra - that's a guy who didn't have a great voice or great 'technique' but knew how to make a song stick.
  10. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I'm hoping we get some more 'Sinatra-esque' crooning, more laid back singing from Bono... he does it well (see the opening and closing tracks of Songs of Experience). Which, by the way, Sinatra - that's a guy who didn't have a great voice or great 'technique' but knew how to make a song stick.
    Book of your Heart, specially near the end... Drool...
  11. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:I'm hoping we get some more 'Sinatra-esque' crooning, more laid back singing from Bono... he does it well (see the opening and closing tracks of Songs of Experience). Which, by the way, Sinatra - that's a guy who didn't have a great voice or great 'technique' but knew how to make a song stick.
    Well said. And totally agreed.