1. Pride, Bad, ASOH, etc. are all great songs with atmospheric recordings, but they have truly blossomed with their live performances. MLK, as a recording and as a song, has always been sublime. (And yes, I know much of this is because it’s Bono over synth pads, but still) Perhaps I should have specified: MLK is the best recording from The Unforgettable Fire.

Pride and Bad are close behind though
  2. Spoiler (click to toggle)
    You’re right. In fact I realized just this week how incredible of a tune it really is. Five minutes of practical perfection.
  3. One is one of the worst tracks on Achtung Baby and it's not very good live.
  4. The Showman is the best song from Songs Of Experience,

U2 can achieve such good results when they aren't trying so hard..
  5. It's a trick question, right?

I mean, "opinions" are by nature subjective whereas a "lie" refers to true or false, which always refers to something objective and measurable.
    A lie is deliberately giving a false account of facts. And an opinion is what someone genuinely believes to be true, even if it doesn't match with the facts. But that's the prerogative of the opinion.

Opinions can be misguided, misinformed or even misleading, but they are not "lies" as such. One might argue that in fact all opinions are lies, but this is mistaken the subjective nature of opinions for something objective.

I know, in this age of "post-truth" everything seems to be an opinion these days (even the roundness of this earth seems to be taken as an opinion... ), but that doesn't mean that opinions have actually become facts. Nevertheless, some opinions have replaced facts because those "facts" were never truly facts, but rather disguised "opinions".

That being said, I'm pretty sure Love Is Bigger will at some point be omitted in the set. Maybe not in New Zealand, Australia & Asia, but this band is far from being over gone...
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    It's a trick question, right?

I mean, "opinions" are by nature subjective whereas a "lie" refers to true or false, which always refers to something objective and measurable.
    A lie is deliberately giving a false account of facts. And an opinion is what someone genuinely believes to be true, even if it doesn't match with the facts. But that's the prerogative of the opinion.

Opinions can be misguided, misinformed or even misleading, but they are not "lies" as such. One might argue that in fact all opinions are lies, but this is mistaken the subjective nature of opinions for something objective.

I know, in this age of "post-truth" everything seems to be an opinion these days (even the roundness of this earth seems to be taken as an opinion... ), but that doesn't mean that opinions have actually become facts. Nevertheless, some opinions have replaced facts because those "facts" were never truly facts, but rather disguised "opinions".

That being said, I'm pretty sure Love Is Bigger will at some point be omitted in the set. Maybe not in New Zealand, Australia & Asia, but this band is far from being over gone...
    I think he means guess which of these opinions is not one he actually has, rather than which are Absolute truths.

Which is challenging because even though there are certain opinions that are widespread, I’ve never met two U2 fans who always agree... but I’ll take another guess:

@thatchos Is it the one about Yahweh? Do you really think it’s a perfect album closer? (I do.)
  7. Originally posted by iver54:The Showman is the best song from Songs Of Experience,

U2 can achieve such good results when they aren't trying so hard..
    This could actually be the worst opinion in the thread
  8. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I think he means guess which of these opinions is not one he actually has, rather than which are Absolute truths.

Which is challenging because even though there are certain opinions that are widespread, I’ve never met two U2 fans who always agree... but I’ll take another guess:

@thatchos Is it the one about Yahweh? Do you really think it’s a perfect album closer? (I do.)
    That is indeed what I meant. I don’t believe any of what I wrote is purely, universally true; they are opinions I (mostly) hold regarding songs and shows that truly exist. I should have phrased it better, say, “Guess which one of these opinions I’m lying about having”. Man… it’s hard to communicate with only words on the internet.

And yes I actually do think Yahweh is a stellar closer: “Take this heart / And make it break”.
  9. This forum and you have ben friends for a long time but you, you... you now have crossed the line.

GTFO.
  10. This is unpopular opinions not wrong opinions

smell the flowers while you can
  11. Ban?