1. Originally posted by dylbagz:I don't know or care. This song just goes no where for me. It's just essentially the same thing over and over throughout the song and it never reaches any high point.

Not to mention bono's got the cheese grater back out.. Ned, Fred, Jack, zach, really?
    I'm kinda inclined to agree with him here. But I'll be darned if those choruses don't get me jumping!

The lyrics are the weakest part though, IMO.
  2. Really like the new song. Really raw bass and drums which is something thats been missing from U2 in their last few albums. Anyone else like the verses more than the chorus?
  3. i don't dislike the song, but it's just a colour by numbers throwaway pop rock song with no substance to it for me

interested to see the live performances and crowd reactions more than anything. their three biggest throwaway rock songs were the three biggest songs of the night in the encore on the recent tour in europe, but i don't think this one gets near them
  4. Really not liking the lyrics...... At all like Faith, Ned, Fred like why? Just seems so clunky. I like the grove though.
  5. Originally posted by dylbagz:i don't dislike the song, but it's just a colour by numbers throwaway pop rock song with no substance to it for me

interested to see the live performances and crowd reactions more than anything. their three biggest throwaway rock songs were the three biggest songs of the night in the encore on the recent tour in europe, but i don't think this one gets near them

Thanks for describing the feelings I couldn't describe.
  6. Also, a belated lyric thought here--isn't the chorus line "When the lights go out *and you* throw yourself about"?? Those two little connector words help it flow a lot better off the tongue.
  7. Pfff, it doesn't do much to me this song.
    It sounds again (same as Elevation, Vertigo, GOYB, Miracle) as the next attempt to sound modern, punkish and 2017 rock.

Again, U2 is not able to do so, Bono's voice is not fitting for such, he needs the 'big' tunes, the speed is too slow, old wine in a new barrel.

No, I really don't hope this is the example for SOE
  8. Originally posted by gavinfriday:Pfff, it doesn't do much to me this song.
    It sounds again (same as Elevation, Vertigo, GOYB, Miracle) as the next attempt to sound modern, punkish and 2017 rock.

Again, U2 is not able to do so, Bono's voice is not fitting for such, he needs the 'big' tunes, the speed is too slow, old wine in a new barrel.

No, I really don't hope this is the example for SOE
    What do you mean not able to do so? Elevation and vertigo are now as much u2 staples as mysterious ways and I still haven't found. Seems like successful attempts to me.. and god forbit they sound like a modern band.. I didn't realize we were supposed to want them to be a heritage act
  9. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I'd say it's better than The Miracle. The Miracle is guilty of those tiring "ooooohs" in the hook, it doesn't really do anything interesting rhythmically and the studio version sounds way too overdone. Live it was great, but still - there's a reason U2 aren't playing it right now alongside Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Elevation, etc.

Both are great, and it's still the first day, but I'd say The Blackout is already more fun and interesting to me, musically.

Totally agree with this. Miracle was good but lacked something.

Am on my 15th Blackout listen now and it just gets better IMO, it really grabs you. Hope they release it with better sound.

Between this and Little Things, so hyped for the album.
  10. I'd be surprised if they don't play it live in the US now.
  11. it's a whole new level of crap